Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I sent my medical report to a wrong email address watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was scanning my medical report to send to someone and accidentally made a mistake with one letter so it reached someone else. What should I do?
    Should I email the person saying sorry? Should I leave it? The report has a lot of confidential information and I am scared of it being misused.

ReputationRep:
    It's an easy mistake to make but can imagine you feel a bit exposed and embarrassed. If it were me I would just send them a follow up saying 'sorry that wasn't meant for you' or something. I'm sure they will be respectful and won't misuse your information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I was scanning my medical report to send to someone and accidentally made a mistake with one letter so it reached someone else. What should I do?
    Should I email the person saying sorry? Should I leave it? The report has a lot of confidential information and I am scared of it being misused.
    And if I had done that as a nurse, I would be facing disciplinary action. You made a mistake - this person does not know you from Adam - and probably won't do anything with it - just send a note saying sorry - wrong email and be more careful next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeakysquirrel)
    And if I had done that as a nurse, I would be facing disciplinary action. You made a mistake - this person does not know you from Adam - and probably won't do anything with it - just send a note saying sorry - wrong email and be more careful next time
    It was not intentional but I was careless and this happened due to me rushing in sending them sent to the right person. I managed to recall the email on outlook after chatting to a Microsoft representative so I guess not a problem anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Often if the address is misspelled by 1 or 2 characters then it will come back as failed. My advice would be to not say anything, it may well end up in theirs as junk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.