Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Nah, it tells me I look fugly every morning but I don't take that sh*t seriously- I'm a worldie and there's nothing the mirror can say or do to prove otherwise....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    apart from accurately portraying how I look
    You always beat me to these things :cry:

In response though… no. I don't take either The Mirror nor The Sun or The Daily Mail seriously

ReputationRep:
    Then again, I am not on to talk about news cuz right now the only news I watch is MMAdigest really
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    These journalists have tiiiiime on their hands 😂

ReputationRep:
    I suppose at least The Times is still a decent rag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I had to check that this article wasn't a parody when I saw the headline.
    Don't even like Corbyn's politics but this is just stupid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...rs-fan-7473829
    Yes mirror readers obviously.

I'd bet the vast majority of the rest of us do not though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    lol

Stupid article

ReputationRep:
    The Mirror is one of the better tabloids in my opinion, not by much though.

The traditional broadsheets, despite their political leanings, are all fairly decent news sources.

The worst papers in my opinion are the Daily Mail and the Daily Express.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    The Mirror is one of the better tabloids in my opinion, not by much though.

The traditional broadsheets, despite their political leanings, are all fairly decent news sources.

The worst papers in my opinion are the Daily Mail and the Daily Express.
    Being a moderate lefty about most things I'm more receptive to the Mirror's brand of sh*ite than these two, sh*ite it is all the same.

ReputationRep:
    Rupert Murdoch owns most of them anyway, he chooses what to report :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Of the three tiers of journalism (quality, middle-market - the Daily Mail etc - and tabloids) the Mirror ranks pretty much at the bottom-feeding end of the latter. It's true trash.

Unfortunately though, it's the future. People are increasingly unwilling to pay for news in the traditional sense. Hardly surprising since rolling 24 hour television news, the BBC News website and more direct access through things like the UK Parliament website exist. But people remain quite keen to pay for strong opinion writing, particularly if it feeds into their deepest prejudices. More than virtually any other mainstream newspaper, the Mirror does just that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Of the three tiers of journalism (quality, middle-market - the Daily Mail etc - and tabloids) the Mirror ranks pretty much at the bottom-feeding end of the latter. It's true trash.

Unfortunately though, it's the future. People are increasingly unwilling to pay for news in the traditional sense. Hardly surprising since rolling 24 hour television news, the BBC News website and more direct access through things like the UK Parliament website exist. But people remain quite keen to pay for strong opinion writing, particularly if it feeds into their deepest prejudices. More than virtually any other mainstream newspaper, the Mirror does just that.
    Really? The mirrors not great, but the Express and The Sun are far worse as is the Mail to a lesser extent.

I think The Guardia, Times and Telegraph are the best newspapers (oh and the FT)

I think the mirrors on par with the independent and everything else is garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Really? The mirrors not great, but the Express and The Sun are far worse as is the Mail to a lesser extent.

I think The Guardia, Times and Telegraph are the best newspapers (oh and the FT)

I think the mirrors on par with the independent and everything else is garbage.
    The production quality, language and comic-like editorial line of the Mirror is enough for me to stick it at the bottom of the pile. Do a Google image search on their front pages - the Express wouldn't sink to anything like that, and the Sun would only scrape as far down the barrel as that on a really bad day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    You'd be surprised. For a lot of people, the Mirror/Daily Mail/The Sun is their sole source of information about the world. That's why our country is in the state it's in.
    There's barely anybody this applies to.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Daily Star. At least it doesn't pretend to be a serious source of information unlike the other three mentioned above.

Debating which one of them is the best is IMO like trying to decide which one out of three piles of dog sh*t you'd prefer to stand in. I certainly wouldn't group the Independent(a real newspaper) in with those barrel scrapers.

ReputationRep:
    Remember the hoax Iraqi prisoner abuse photos the Mirror splashed with? I could've made more convincing fakes in my back garden...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.