Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I just wanted some advice/re-assurance really. I am in the midst of my Stage 1 LPC exams at the moment and they are not going very well at all. In fact, I am 99% certain I have managed to fail one today. I have always tried to be a good student, I've got a first class law degree and have always tried to work really hard but I fear I have just over-stretched myself this year - I work two jobs (one legal related the other not) as I need to afford to live (literally!) and it only leaves me one day off in the week to do LPC work. I have found it difficult to keep my head above water and I think now I'm paying the ultimate price. If my very possible fears come true and I have ended up failing one or two modules does anyone think I still have a shot at a training contract (I have not managed to secure one thus far) or may I as well give up now?! I just feel so deflated at the moment and really don't know what to do!

Hi There

I know someone who is a fairly successful lawyer in entertainment she failed one module of her LPC years ago and had a first degree. Although TC are much more competitive now they seem to focus on A level results and first degree more than anything else. Even people with all the requirements are rejected so if you keep trying and applying it should be fine.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.