Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Busted doing thunderbirds watch

ReputationRep:
    I have just heard busted doing the thunderbirds theme song. Please for the love of god tell me why, I might not go to see it now becuase of this one thing.

ReputationRep:
    The son of the creator of Thunderbirds (Jerry Anderson) went to my school. VERY interesting fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    The son of the creator of Thunderbirds (Jerry Anderson) went to my school. VERY interesting fact.
    What makes you think we do not know who jerry anderson is, he is a god in his own right, not just for thunderbrids, but also stingray, captain scarlet and space precinct.

ReputationRep:
    good choone as well

Busted are GODS, another catchy song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    What makes you think we do not know who jerry anderson is, he is a god in his own right, not just for thunderbrids, but also stingray, captain scarlet and space precinct.
    Calm down there. Believe it or not there are people in the world that don't know his name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    Calm down there. Believe it or not there are people in the world that don't know his name.
    I suppose so, just like there are some people don't know who gene roddenbury is.

ReputationRep:
    I have just heard busted doing the thunderbirds theme song. Please for the love of god tell me why, I might not go to see it now becuase of this one thing.
    It looks to me like only good thing about the Thunderbirds movie is this song: the actual film looks absolutely appauling! I've had to sit through that awful trailer for it three times now: it made me want to bolt straight out of the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airie_faerie)
    It looks to me like only good thing about the Thunderbirds movie is this song: the actual film looks absolutely appauling! I've had to sit through that awful trailer for it three times now: it made me want to bolt straight out of the cinema.
    I am looking forward to shrek 2 much more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    good choone as well

lol, yeh sure...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    good choone as well

Busted might be gods to tweenage girls, but to me, they are not even worthy of being a targ.

ReputationRep:
    They must have deity-like powers, you just have to look at Charlie's eyebrows to see that

ReputationRep:
    D'uh because they are "puppets" themselves. Earning money for fatcat producers from the hands of young very over imaginative pre-teen girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    D'uh because they are "puppets" themselves. Earning money for fatcat producers from the hands of young very over imaginative pre-teen girls.
    And the same as a very long list of boy bands before them, however Busted play their own instruments, so are slightly more talented, and are making much money out of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    And the same as a very long list of boy bands before them, however Busted play their own instruments, so are slightly more talented, and are making much money out of it!
    I don't know...everytime they play on telly or something, they don't have any amps plugged in (not even with the special things) and they jump around like loons.

Plus they look like goons...one has a monobrow.
    Have they got no stylist.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking forward to shrek 2 much more.
    Me too. Shrek 2 looks freakin' hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I don't know...everytime they play on telly or something, they don't have any amps plugged in (not even with the special things) and they jump around like loons.

Plus they look like goons...one has a monobrow.
    Have they got no stylist.
    Hehe true but it all adds to the performance - better than them sitting on stools singing some lovesong thats been done 20 times already don't you think?!!!

<off topic> Ps - How come you never come and moan on Forum 51 anymore? It says you're still subscribed and there's hardly anyone ever in there these days! </off topic>

ReputationRep:
    why do busted have fans? can someone please explain why all these people go out and buy their albums to try and look like they're really with it and soooooo very cool and punk. If you like punk - go buy a Sex pistols album If you like rock theres plenty of Metallica to start with... AVRIL LAVIGNE IS ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone needs to stop watering down the music industry with bands that may start out with some sort of talent but get diluted sooo much that the only people who are interested are little teenyboppers with little or no exposure to decent music.... (Oh I forgot... 10-14 year olds buy more records than anyone else... this is why we're stuck with all these pseudo-rock pop princes rather than any kind of down and dirty decent music from bands who are their own stylists deal with their own PR and don't employ 352 differrent people to polish and preene every aspect of them to oblivion)

*Sigh* I have anger

ReputationRep:
    I think "punk" and "R&B" are two genres that have after several years totally lost their original meaning without anyone seeming to notice.

I'm not quite sure how to define today's meanings of the two but if you think along the lines of

punk = Sex Pistols
    R&B = The Who

something has changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    punk = Sex Pistols
    R&B = The Who

something has changed.
    The Sex Pistols aren't punk. They're as much of a manufactured band as Busted (Malcolm McLaren putting the band together to promote a Camden shop...) The punk movement was alive and kicking before the Sex Pistols came around, they were just more commercially successful than many other bands.

Sorry...

ReputationRep:
    that's okay... I was only using them as an example that the majority of people would recognise... I'm personally into much more obscure punk rock but only about five people I've ever met have heard of most of my favourites... just thought I'd pick someone mainstream as an example. I have nothing against manufactured bands themselves it's what they are manufactured into that bugs me. the whole music industry today seems to create bands and solo artists that will write/sing music that you can listen to but doesn't have any point. they don't make any statement they're just there. It annoys me!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.