Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have just heard busted doing the thunderbirds theme song. Please for the love of god tell me why, I might not go to see it now becuase of this one thing.
    I just can't believe they're doing a Thunderbirds film in the first place. Film producers are running out of material and so are slowly sucking all the old classics dry, I mean there's even a f*cking Garfield movie! How can they make a movie out of that? It was just a comic strip, and at most a cartoon show, you can't base a decent movie on that.
    As for thunderbirds it looks way too OTT. Hollywood has a tendency to completely *******ize old classics (with a few exceptions), just watching the trailer with that deep husky voice-over as usual put me off. They could have at least kept the original and decent military march style theme tune, for me that brings back the memories of thunderbirds right back, I loved thunderbirds and I'll probably hate this film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    I think "punk" and "R&B" are two genres that have after several years totally lost their original meaning without anyone seeming to notice.

I'm not quite sure how to define today's meanings of the two but if you think along the lines of

punk = Sex Pistols
    R&B = The Who

something has changed.
    The number of "punk" bands that all sound, sing, and dress exactly the same really gets to me? Wasn't punk meant to be all about throwing the rule book out of the window?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    The number of "punk" bands that all sound, sing, and dress exactly the same really gets to me? Wasn't punk meant to be all about throwing the rule book out of the window?
    that is so true
    it has evolved into a very specific style of music therefore they all sound the same.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I hate Busted, that song is probably the best bit about the film, -it looks horrendous!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.