Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stupid people... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Today while in the supermarket I caught a glimpse of a guy wrapping his dog's leash around a post. Seems pretty normal right? Here's where it gets ridiculous.

After he'd wrapped it around a few times he balanced the handle on the top of the post and then just stared at it while he was clearly trying to figure out whether it would topple off or not. The thing was swaying up and down on top of the post and it should be immediately obvious to anyone that it was going to fall off sooner or later.

Apparently it wasn't so obvious, as the guy just stood there staring at it with one of those 'engaged in deep complex thinking' expressions. He then stared at the dog as if the dog knew the answer and could help him out. When the dog didn't provide any nuggets of wisdom he went back to staring at the pole. This switching between the pole and the dog went on for a full three minutes (I started timing it about a minute in) before he came up with the incredibly complex brainwave of tying the leash to something with a flat surface on top.

I then got stuck behind the same guy at the checkout where he once again demonstrated his superior cognitive skills.

He was trying to pack a few apples and a carton of milk into his reusable giant shopping bag thing. He couldn't even work out which order he was going to pack them in! Apples first or milk first? Big dilemma.

With a growing queue behind us the guy at the counter tried to help the fool out by saying "if you put the milk in after the apples the apples will get bruised." The response was "huh yea you've got a point there..." The idiot hadn't even worked that much out in the five minutes he'd been standing there for! It was one of those situations where you can almost see cogs turning inside the guys head. In the end the guy at the counter had to pack it for him because the queue had grown huge. It would've been hilarious had I not been stuck behind him.

Anyone else had to deal with a genius like this today?

ReputationRep:
    If you've been on TSR long enough, you'll find plenty more like him, all claiming to be geniuses. You get so used it over time that nothing appears off :indif:

ReputationRep:
    This is what I need...

Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Today while in the supermarket I caught a glimpse of a guy wrapping his dog's leash around a post. Seems pretty normal right? Here's where it gets ridiculous.

After he'd wrapped it around a few times he balanced the handle on the top of the post and then just stared at it while he was clearly trying to figure out whether it would topple off or not. The thing was swaying up and down on top of the post and it should be immediately obvious to anyone that it was going to fall off sooner or later.

Apparently it wasn't so obvious, as the guy just stood there staring at it with one of those 'engaged in deep complex thinking' expressions. He then stared at the dog as if the dog knew the answer and could help him out. When the dog didn't provide any nuggets of wisdom he went back to staring at the pole. This switching between the pole and the dog went on for a full three minutes (I started timing it about a minute in) before he came up with the incredibly complex brainwave of tying the leash to something with a flat surface on top.

I then got stuck behind the same guy at the checkout where he once again demonstrated his superior cognitive skills.

He was trying to pack a few apples and a carton of milk into his reusable giant shopping bag thing. He couldn't even work out which order he was going to pack them in! Apples first or milk first? Big dilemma.

With a growing queue behind us the guy at the counter tried to help the fool out by saying "if you put the milk in after the apples the apples will get bruised." The response was "huh yea you've got a point there..." The idiot hadn't even worked that much out in the five minutes he'd been standing there for! It was one of those situations where you can almost see cogs turning inside the guys head. In the end the guy at the counter had to pack it for him because the queue had grown huge. It would've been hilarious had I not been stuck behind him.

There was a guy at the supermarket who was timing another man who was trying to tie a dog leash to a pole. I reckon it must have been a full 5 minutes.

I ran into this genius again at the checkout and he was getting visibly frustrated at the sight of the same man trying to pack his shopping bag.

Looking in his hand, I saw that he was trying to buy condoms that were priced at £10. He tried paying the cashier £2 but she told him to **** off.

I guess that genius never got laid.

ReputationRep:
    You were the one who stared at a guy tying his dog to a post.

ReputationRep:
    This is why half of TSR has social anxiety

ReputationRep:
    Got a question for you; Haven't you got better things to do than make a post about how you were staring at 'stupid' guy?

ReputationRep:
    If you're so intelligent why did you waste part of your day standing there watching him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    This is why half of TSR has social anxiety
    did you just gain 2 followers??

ReputationRep:

Haha

No but I pretty much get road rage walking behind anyone who isn't RUNNING.

Re your message...yes, I'm also revising tonight for a physics interview and I feel like my knowledge is also like an electron; tiny, point like, with no structure.

ReputationRep:

Jeez, you must have been excruciatingly bored

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if he drives? Does he have poor motor skills?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    If you're so intelligent why did you waste part of your day standing there watching him?
    Because it was hilarious. I never claimed to be smart either, I've done my share of stupid things. I was just wondering if anyone else was suffering because of someone else's lack of common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    There was a guy at the supermarket who was timing another man who was trying to tie a dog leash to a pole. I reckon it must have been a full 5 minutes.

I ran into this genius again at the checkout and he was getting visibly frustrated at the sight of the same man trying to pack his shopping bag.

Looking in his hand, I saw that he was trying to buy condoms that were priced at £10. He tried paying the cashier £2 but she told him to **** off.

I guess that genius never got laid.
    Lol. I guess I should've seen that coming.

ReputationRep:
    did you just gain 2 followers??
    I don't know what you're talking about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I don't know what you're talking about
    another one? Really? I might have to shamefully ask for a follow from someone

ReputationRep:
    And I was so close...

ReputationRep:
    There.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    There.
    Oh no you didn't

Unofficial race to 100, She had 99 I had 92 I almost caught up :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.