Edexcel A2 Chemistry A* Watch

PlayerBB
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChemA2456)
To be honest I havent familiarised my self that much with the pre-release yet, so I would probably have to come back to you at a later date.
(there are some minor exception to the textbook containing everyithing, such as gp120 glycoprotein on HIV but these can be found in the mark schemes of old papers)
So coming to your question: I am not 100% sure but this makes sense:
On page 132 it mentions "two hdrogen atoms are removed from the 3C sugars and taken up by NAD forming reduced NAD". The reduced NAD then moves into the outer mitochondrial membrane where it goes down the electron transport chain. When you turn to page 138, there is a diagram on the left (7.1.14) This shows how one molecule of reduced NAD goes through the electron transport chain and produces 3 molecules of ATP until it eventually forms water. Thus you can say, that strictly speaking one 3C sugar produces reduced NAD that is equivalent to producing 3 molecules of ATP later on in the electron transport chain. This does not howerver consider the NET production of the whole process of splitting one molecule of glucose. To consider this you would have to subtract the ATP used to phosphorylate the sugar AND the ATP made when the 3C sugar is converted to pyruvate (In the assumption of producing 3 molecules of ATP, we only counted the reduced NAD formed that results in the production of ATP, not the actual ATP released in the process itself. The book only mentioned "some amount of ATP" made when forming pyruvate. I guess this is why they did not quantify it and give an overall ATP production here.
Does this make sense to you?
PROSM, yes that makes perfect sense to me, thank you so much for your detailed explanation, I have been stuck on this point for ages!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MeeraP07
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
*IMPORTANT*Hi everyone! I'm actually in my first year of university now but thought I would post all of my resources from my A levels last year. There are 1000s of resources including notes, practice questions and answers etc. for A2 Biology, Chemistry and Maths. There were far too many to upload them individually so I uploaded them to a google drive so if you follow the link below it will take you to them! I found TSR so helpful when I was doing my A Levels and found other peoples notes to be useful so I thought I would reciprocate the favour and upload mine! They aren't exam board specific so I hope they're helpful (although I did do OCR-Bio, Edexcel- Chem and Maths).Enjoy!https://drive.google.com/folderview?...28&usp=sharing
Carrot_Cake_13
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MeeraP07)
*IMPORTANT*Hi everyone! I'm actually in my first year of university now but thought I would post all of my resources from my A levels last year. There are 1000s of resources including notes, practice questions and answers etc. for A2 Biology, Chemistry and Maths. There were far too many to upload them individually so I uploaded them to a google drive so if you follow the link below it will take you to them! I found TSR so helpful when I was doing my A Levels and found other peoples notes to be useful so I thought I would reciprocate the favour and upload mine! They aren't exam board specific so I hope they're helpful (although I did do OCR-Bio, Edexcel- Chem and Maths).Enjoy!https://drive.google.com/folderview?...28&usp=sharing
Any AS resources?
ChemA2456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you!
(Original post by MeeraP07)
stardust101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Chaza, I realise you are completely going above and beyond by making the above notes available - thank you so much. When I click on the link it says the file no longer exists. Would you mind telling me what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you!!!
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stardust101)
Hi Chaza, I realise you are completely going above and beyond by making the above notes available - thank you so much. When I click on the link it says the file no longer exists. Would you mind telling me what I might be doing wrong?
Thank you!!!
It's not you that's the problem, I changed my drive around and must have got rid of them! I'm currently not in doors but when I am later I'll reupload them - and if they help that's great
stardust101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chazatthekeys)
It's not you that's the problem, I changed my drive around and must have got rid of them! I'm currently not in doors but when I am later I'll reupload them - and if they help that's great
Thank you SO much
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you SO much
That's alright aha - it'll probably be tomorrow now doesnt look like I'll be home today! Sorry
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you SO much
Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...DA?usp=sharing
stardust101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am forever grateful!

Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am forever grateful!
Haha no worries! Read them first lol, this was the old syllabus though, I know it has changed! But I can imagine most of it is relevant.
Rah9742
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Haha no worries! Read them first lol, this was the old syllabus though, I know it has changed! But I can imagine most of it is relevant.
Sorry to bother you but the link doesn't seem to work anymore.
HelpEdd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you please repost this
Akib Raihan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey can u upload it again , i really need it
Akib Raihan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Work hard from now until exams - I somehow managed it. I did Edexcel chemistry, and here is a link to my google drive with all my chemistry notes on - the ones from A2 (Unit4/5) are a lot better.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UU&usp=sharing

Hope this helps
Can u upload it again , cuz its not opening . i really need it
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Akib Raihan)
Can u upload it again , cuz its not opening . i really need it
Sorry don't know why it's not working, it's still on my drive. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2s?usp=sharing

Imo they're trash lol, looking back like 3/4 years ago aha but anyway if they help!

I don't know about syllabus changes so make sure to check.
Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HelpEdd)
Sorry for the long reply, I didn't get any notification and have only just logged in.

Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HelpEdd)
Sorry to you too, haven't been on here and got no notification.

Chazatthekeys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rah9742)
Sorry to bother you but the link doesn't seem to work anymore.
Presto
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks soo much for this and congrats on your amazing result
Hope I can get A* too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%