Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got predictions for the education section?

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously so anxious about these two upcoming sociology exams because I know literally nothing. My teacher is just one of those teachers who just can not teach going off tangent and you know the rest would anyone be kind of enough to kindly and simply explain the structure of their essays please I am struggggling so much need to get AAB and at this rate I'm going to end up with a u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysh288)
    For g674 I predicted questions on ethnicity or age because they're questions that haven't appeared in a while, especially ethnicity. That's what I'm revising anyway. Unsure for g673 any ideas?
    Hey do you have a structure plan for g674? If so could you pleaaaasr share I am so scared I don't know anything at all

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone by any chance have any notes/list of theorists for theoretical perspectives for social inequality? We have had multiple teachers and due to this there are tons of information gaps for G674 social difference and inequality :s

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a model answer for this question? Outline and assess the contributions sociologists have made to explain ethnic inequality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WFatemahW)
    Hey, I'm doing g673 - crime and deviance,
    2015 questions:
    feminism
    media amplification (social construction)
    realism

my teacher predicts it might be:
    ethnicity (2010 x2/2013)
    official stats (2012)/victim studies (2012)/self report studies (2011)
    interactionist (2010/2013)
    I think it could also be:
    AGE - as its never come up,
    social construction of crime - courts and police?(2013) and role of police came up (2011)
    functionalism(2010/2013)/mostly - subcultural theory (2012)

Thanks so much for this! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing g673 - crime and deviance,
    2015 questions:
    feminism
    media amplification (social construction)
    realism

my teacher predicts it might be:
    ethnicity (2010 x2/2013)
    official stats (2012)/victim studies (2012)/self report studies (2011)
    interactionist (2010/2013)
    I think it could also be:
    AGE - as its never come up,
    social construction of crime - courts and police?(2013) and role of police came up (2011)
    functionalism(2010/2013)/mostly - subcultural theory (2012)
    Do you know what came up in last years g674?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalacope)
    I am seriously so anxious about these two upcoming sociology exams because I know literally nothing. My teacher is just one of those teachers who just can not teach going off tangent and you know the rest would anyone be kind of enough to kindly and simply explain the structure of their essays please I am struggggling so much need to get AAB and at this rate I'm going to end up with a u

You're not on your own trust me, in exactly the same position! You sound like you're even in my class lol

ReputationRep:
    I thought 'Outline and assess Marxist explanations of crime' as it has never come up. Except i think as a specimen paper once. If this is the last year, i can't imagine they will redo a previous question, i.e sub cultural theory. They will probably do something from the syllabus they haven't done yet. This includes age as well. I was also thinking Interactionism, Police, CJS maybe with relation to ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what questions came up last year for G674?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clamma)
    Does anyone know what questions came up last year for G674?
    I don't unfortunately,really want to know lol

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what came up for g673 for education last year and for g674 age or ethnicity is likely to come up and what about research methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callmeclo151)
    Thanks so much for this! Lol
    Your welcome and nope I don't know what came up last year (g674) does anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakriah)
    I thought 'Outline and assess Marxist explanations of crime' as it has never come up. Except i think as a specimen paper once. If this is the last year, i can't imagine they will redo a previous question, i.e sub cultural theory. They will probably do something from the syllabus they haven't done yet. This includes age as well. I was also thinking Interactionism, Police, CJS maybe with relation to ethnicity.
    My teacher said they most likely wont ask about 'marxism' alone, if they do then it all comes under 'class' - and that has come up 3 times already (2011/13/14) I doubt it'll come up again. I do however think age will come up, that's never come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said they most likely wont ask about 'marxism' alone, if they do then it all comes under 'class' - and that has come up 3 times already (2011/13/14) I doubt it'll come up again. I do however think age will come up, that's never come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey...is this age in relation to crime or do you mean age for inequality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callmeclo151)
    Hey...is this age in relation to crime or do you mean age for inequality?
    in relation to crime g673, so you have to link age with official statistics (and self report studies) and look at the patterns and trends in youth crime, ethnicity, gender and social class - then you can link your point with theories - Marxism and functionalism.

ReputationRep:
    in relation to crime g673, so you have to link age with official statistics (and self report studies) and look at the patterns and trends in youth crime, ethnicity, gender and social class - then you can link your point with theories - Marxism and functionalism.
    Oooh okay, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Last years questions for g673 were

Feminist views of crime and deviance
    realist solutions to the problems of crime
    the role of the media in the amplification of crime and deviance

ReputationRep:
    g674 questions were
    outline and assess the view that social class inequality is functional for society
    Outline and assess the view that gender is the most important form of social inequality

Outline the evidence that males and females continue to be unequal in the contemporary UK
    Outline the evidence that class inequaity still exists in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepingwsirens)
    g674 questions were
    outline and assess the view that social class inequality is functional for society
    Outline and assess the view that gender is the most important form of social inequality

Outline the evidence that males and females continue to be unequal in the contemporary UK
    Outline the evidence that class inequaity still exists in the UK
    Thanks! Any chance on the research methods ones?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.