Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepingwsirens)
    Last years questions for g673 were

Feminist views of crime and deviance
    realist solutions to the problems of crime
    the role of the media in the amplification of crime and deviance
    Do you know what might come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm busy doing English revision so from tomorrow I have 5 days till the first sociology exam. So worried I hope it's not hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gal cool)
    I'm busy doing English revision so from tomorrow I have 5 days till the first sociology exam. So worried I hope it's not hard
    Omg same!! English lit on Friday. Rapture and Gatsby eek!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callmeclo151)
    Thanks! Any chance on the research methods ones?
    Outlines and explain why respondent validation is used
    Outline and assess the view that focus group interviews are the best way to research working class boys

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing g673 education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepingwsirens)
    Outlines and explain why respondent validation is used
    Outline and assess the view that focus group interviews are the best way to research working class boys

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have predictions for G673 EDUCATION?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aysha12345)
    is anyone doing g673 education
    Yeah i am! do you know what may come up?

ReputationRep:
    i think for education something on gender might come up, but im not sure

ReputationRep:
    sorry if this isnt the correct thread I'm new to TSR
    can someone help me with this question and what to put... i understand what to put for disadvantages but for advantages what should i include? Thanks in advance!

jan 2012- outline the evidence that some ethnic groups are advantaged in the UK(20)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv98)
    sorry if this isnt the correct thread I'm new to TSR
    can someone help me with this question and what to put... i understand what to put for disadvantages but for advantages what should i include? Thanks in advance!

jan 2012- outline the evidence that some ethnic groups are advantaged in the UK(20)
    Perhaps some ethnic groups earn more money, top jobs

ReputationRep:
    just to clarify is g773 on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any revision notes for theories (theoretical perspectives) on social inequality and difference G674??
    DD: Would really appreciate it as our teacher hasn't provided us with much and I'm struggling to find some resources online!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know a few people have asked this already but I might as well check again, does anyone know what came up last year for the education section on G673? If my memory serves me correctly, one of the questions might have been Interactionism, not sure though. Really worried about this exam ngl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needanewusername)
    Hi, I know a few people have asked this already but I might as well check again, does anyone know what came up last year for the education section on G673? If my memory serves me correctly, one of the questions might have been Interactionism, not sure though. Really worried about this exam ngl.
    Last year it was:
    Interactionalist contributions to the study of education
    The view that home is the main influence on the educational achievement of different social classes
    Educational policies influenced by the New Right since 1988

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah3105)
    Last year it was:
    Interactionalist contributions to the study of education
    The view that home is the main influence on the educational achievement of different social classes
    Educational policies influenced by the New Right since 1988
    Nice one, thanks not even sure what that middle question means or how I'd go about answering it but I suppose there's basically no chance of it coming up so should be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needanewusername)
    Nice one, thanks not even sure what that middle question means or how I'd go about answering it but I suppose there's basically no chance of it coming up so should be good

You're welcome
    It basically is asking for outside factors of educational achievement in classes so you would talk about how working class homes are considered inadequate compared to the middle class. Also you would talk about how middle class parents are more child-centred. Also you can talk about cultural capital.
    But yeah, there's basically no chance of it coming up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah3105)
    You're welcome
    It basically is asking for outside factors of educational achievement in classes so you would talk about how working class homes are considered inadequate compared to the middle class. Also you would talk about how middle class parents are more child-centred. Also you can talk about cultural capital.
    But yeah, there's basically no chance of it coming up lol
    Oh okay that makes sense, doesn't sound like too bad of a question in that case so it's a shame it's unlikely to come up again haha, still prefer the Marxism/Functionalism questions though

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me the structure for the 20 marker in G674? is 3 points or 4 points needed??

ReputationRep:
    I sat these exams last year. If anyone needs help they can ask... I might not remember everything. I can help best with the research methods section as I remember that more than anything else.

(Original post by bsbnah)
    can anyone tell me the structure for the 20 marker in G674? is 3 points or 4 points needed??
    3 big points or 4 small ones. You decide.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.