Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happens if you are a nobody and a failure ? Watch

Are you just supposed to live life being laughed at?

I think of myself as this too.

But then I realised, so what if I'm a 'nobody' to someone else? You will always be needed by someone, whether you are the caretaker or the CEO, it doesn't matter who you are/ what you do because you will always be needed. So you are a someone in another's eyes.

If you feel like you've failed at something! Try, try again and fight for it if you have to. Even if you don't get it, there might be something better for you. Even if you fail at something, it's okay because that might be the very reason of your success!

Don't put yourself down like this dear. You don't deserve to be made to feel like this. :hugs:

You are always welcome to PM me if you want to talk. X

(Original post by aamirac)
    I think of myself as this too.

But then I realised, so what if I'm a 'nobody' to someone else? You will always be needed by someone, whether you are the caretaker or the CEO, it doesn't matter who you are/ what you do because you will always be needed. So you are a someone in another's eyes.

If you feel like you've failed at something! Try, try again and fight for it if you have to. Even if you don't get it, there might be something better for you. Even if you fail at something, it's okay because that might be the very reason of your success!

Don't put yourself down like this dear. You don't deserve to be made to feel like this. :hugs:

You are always welcome to PM me if you want to talk. X
    Been feeling like this for a long time , feel like the pointless black sheep of my family. These days I really don't know why I am here. I have health problems that have stopped me moving forward and now I just feel stuck in nothingness. Even more annoying when my problems stop me finding love.

ReputationRep:
    These thoughts can destroy you.. hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lifes tough and people are assh****. But life is worth living!

(Original post by samina_ay)
    These thoughts can destroy you.. hmm
    Maybe I am already destroyed.

(Original post by Shiv is Light)
    Lifes tough and people are assh****. But life is worth living!
    Maybe you are right, it doesn't make the situation easier though.

ReputationRep:
    Find some goals, a bit of fuel, and smash them
    No matter your position if you want to improve it, you most likely can

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I am already destroyed.
    seek support

ReputationRep:
    Been feeling like this for a long time , feel like the pointless black sheep of my family. These days I really don't know why I am here. I have health problems that have stopped me moving forward and now I just feel stuck in nothingness. Even more annoying when my problems stop me finding love.
    Try and lay out your problems and try and think of solutions to them, which would improve the way you perceive yourself and your quality of life.
    As it is anonymous, we're always happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    You can always turn it around! No personal situation is entirely irredeemable.

(Original post by hellodave5)
    Try and lay out your problems and try and think of solutions to them, which would improve the way you perceive yourself and your quality of life.
    As it is anonymous, we're always happy to help!
    I have thought about it and even though there is a possible solution it just feels like it may take ages and I hate being young and having to be dealing with this instead of just experiencing what the typical person in their 20's is going through like simply looking for a job or a relationship. Psychologically, it's just taking it's toll on me, seems to be a struggle everyday have to think of way's to look forward without being sad about past happenings.

(Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Yea, it's quite worrying actually. Perhaps quite damaging to ones mind.. They need to change their mind set asap.

As for OP, what makes you feel like a failure?
    If you are dealing with health problems which stop you progressing in many ways and you see family members doing good you pretty much feel even worse. Not that you would want family to do badly but you understand my situation. It would just be easier if I didn't have to deal with this.

If you are dealing with health problems which stop you progressing in many ways and you see family members doing good you pretty much feel even worse.
    :sadnod:

(Original post by AnonymousAnswer)
    it depends what you class as a nobody? there are different scales
    level 1 - no one talks to you
    level 2 - very small circle with max 4-5 friends
    level 3 (common) - fairly strong circle of just max 10
    these are the low 3 level i would say where above would take you to the more popular level 5 and 4s. Even if you are a level 1, there are several chances to come out, as you can join a club for example where no one knows you. Start new and create a character from there and everything will start to expand and become new.
    I get quite pissed of myself as i fit probably in that level 3 section where I have strong relationships while everyone else is just an outsider. i've seen a lot of people grow in personalities in my year from nobodies(who i would say less than my level) to people who now could sit on my chair or something and i wouldn't really be able to say too much. but it all depends really how bad you want to get as well as the reputation you have made
    Knowing a long list of people who are not really friends is not something that really bothers me. I believe that in life it's best to invest your time in people who actually have great engaging conversations with you and care for you.

ReputationRep:
    I have thought about it and even though there is a possible solution it just feels like it may take ages and I hate being young and having to be dealing with this instead of just experiencing what the typical person in their 20's is going through like simply looking for a job or a relationship. Psychologically, it's just taking it's toll on me, seems to be a struggle everyday have to think of way's to look forward without being sad about past happenings.
    I know how you feel, I felt like that in much of my youth.
    Would you like to disclose what it is that is troubling you? we may be able to try and give some direct advice from personal experience.

Though I would recommend talking to your GP or a counselling service (some schools and most universities have them).

(Original post by hellodave5)
    I know how you feel, I felt like that in much of my youth.
    Would you like to disclose what it is that is troubling you? we may be able to try and give some direct advice from personal experience.

Though I would recommend talking to your GP or a counselling service (some schools and most universities have them).
    I'm in bad health and trying to get better though it's a long road if I will even get better.

My GP already told me I should try some counselling but I haven't taken it up yet.

Really I am at the point now where I just constantly have bad thoughts now, so it's a struggle.

ReputationRep:
    You're only a 'nobody' & a 'failure' if you think you are.Such thoughts can destroy you

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by velvetsky)
    You're only a 'nobody' & a 'failure' if you think you are.Such thoughts can destroy you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I think I am already on the road to my destruction. When you get teary-eyed just because you think sad thoughts, I guess you are pretty much on your way there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in bad health and trying to get better though it's a long road if I will even get better.

My GP already told me I should try some counselling but I haven't taken it up yet.

Really I am at the point now where I just constantly have bad thoughts now, so it's a struggle.
    Just because your life is different to that of others, doesn't make it really deficient.
    The things that can be done whilst even in poor health are at the moment pretty good. I know its upsetting, especially with social comparison of others doing something you're not able, but I feel it is often a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'.

I imagine that although you have problems at the moment, you may have some good things in your life that you can expand upon; important people such as family and friends, hobbies?

It could be possible to look at relationships. Is there anything in particular stopping this, or just confidence? What about dating sites to meet people?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.