Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happens if you are a nobody and a failure ? Watch

(Original post by hellodave5)
    Just because your life is different to that of others, doesn't make it really deficient.
    The things that can be done whilst even in poor health are at the moment pretty good. I know its upsetting, especially with social comparison of others doing something you're not able, but I feel it is often a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'.

I imagine that although you have problems at the moment, you may have some good things in your life that you can expand upon; important people such as family and friends, hobbies?

It could be possible to look at relationships. Is there anything in particular stopping this, or just confidence? What about dating sites to meet people?
    I could date but until I can improve my health I won't even bother any more, my last relationship did not end well because of it. That's one of the things that really hurts me, knowing I have the potential do things but being held back by bad health. The things that make me happy I am finding it hard to find the motivation to do it because I just think to myself, what's the point? Where's it going to get me? I don't even have a girlfriend to share it with, I just feel more and more empty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you just supposed to live life being laughed at?
    Came across this quote so whatever you're going through.... (hopefully tsr mods let me post this)

http://i.imgur.com/jWGPc.jpg

(Original post by MissOvoxo)
    Came across this quote so whatever you're going through.... (hopefully tsr mods let me post this)

http://i.imgur.com/jWGPc.jpg
    I'm just a walking embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    I could date but until I can improve my health I won't even bother any more, my last relationship did not end well because of it. That's one of the things that really hurts me, knowing I have the potential do things but being held back by bad health. The things that make me happy I am finding it hard to find the motivation to do it because I just think to myself, what's the point? Where's it going to get me? I don't even have a girlfriend to share it with, I just feel more and more empty.
    Sounds like a difficult situation, but if you make the best of it things may not be so bad. Just need to find the motivation and a reason. But its all very complicated with lots of stuff to consider.
    I would really recommend seeing the therapist if you can, as I think it should help, just giving things a talk over. No harm in giving it a try

ReputationRep:
    I'm just a walking embarrassment.
    you're not please stop feeling that way

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it (and research), even the most abnormal of people can manage to live happy and fulfilling lives and have a happy relationship with someone. They can also live a happy and fulfilling life and not be in a relationship with someone. I used to get really down about being single all of the time but now i've pretty much accepted that i'm going to be forever alone. Having a good relationship with yourself is also (if not more) important.

Saying that though, its okay to not feel happy. Feelings are only temporary and no matter how bad you may feel at the moment, I can promise you that in a few days, weeks, months time, there will be periods of time where you do feel better about life. Gradually, these periods of time will get longer but you have to give it time. ( Give time time.. Mind = Blown )

(Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    If you think about it (and research), even the most abnormal of people can manage to live happy and fulfilling lives and have a happy relationship with someone. They can also live a happy and fulfilling life and not be in a relationship with someone. I used to get really down about being single all of the time but now i've pretty much accepted that i'm going to be forever alone. Having a good relationship with yourself is also (if not more) important.

Saying that though, its okay to not feel happy. Feelings are only temporary and no matter how bad you may feel at the moment, I can promise you that in a few days, weeks, months time, there will be periods of time where you do feel better about life. Gradually, these periods of time will get longer but you have to give it time. ( Give time time.. Mind = Blown )
    Thank you very much for taking your time to write to me jessyjelly. I hope you do find someone to love you, I don't believe you will be alone forever. I guess my problem right now along with my physical problems is keeping my mind healthy, I'll just have to keep trying and stay strong and hopefully come out of this one day.

ReputationRep:
    Before you can be happy in a relationship, you must learn to be happy alone. Be happy living with yourself, talking to yourself. I know I'm going to be alone my whole life and I've gotten over it, because I am happy in my own company. Once you become at ease with yourself, you become at ease with everyone and everything around you.

Also, this might be seasonal. Once summer comes you may feel great. Honestly, it's a phenomenon.

The main thing you need to remember is. IT WILL GET BETTER. TRUST ME. I've been where you've been, substance abuse, teary-eyed nights wondering why I can't pluck up the courage to talk to a certain someone etc, but trust me, it all gets better with healing and time. Try meditation. It works.

If you ever need any help at all, I'm here, although an internet stranger, it can be comforting to confide in someone, regardless.

Stay strong x

(Original post by Pretty Flacko)
    Before you can be happy in a relationship, you must learn to be happy alone. Be happy living with yourself, talking to yourself. I know I'm going to be alone my whole life and I've gotten over it, because I am happy in my own company. Once you become at ease with yourself, you become at ease with everyone and everything around you.

Also, this might be seasonal. Once summer comes you may feel great. Honestly, it's a phenomenon.

The main thing you need to remember is. IT WILL GET BETTER. TRUST ME. I've been where you've been, substance abuse, teary-eyed nights wondering why I can't pluck up the courage to talk to a certain someone etc, but trust me, it all gets better with healing and time. Try meditation. It works.

If you ever need any help at all, I'm here, although an internet stranger, it can be comforting to confide in someone, regardless.

Stay strong x
    As much as my thread has to do with my own personal failures it's also about romance, it's hard to move on from someone after a relationship has ended. Why do you say the bit in bold?

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally have those thoughts.
    Last night I cried about it and for me once I let it out it makes me feel better. Then the process repeats, sometimes things will happen and I will cry more frequently.
    But just don't let it destroy you and eat away your life. You may think you are on the path of destruction but remember you can always turn back.

Try to not think about anyone else and only yourself. Keep yourself happy in whatever way possible. Anything to put off the thoughts for as long as possible and gradually it should become less and less of a problem. Maybe talking to others who feel the same way will help.

Hope things will soon get better!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.