Turn on thread page Beta

How did Salters Chemistry module 3 go? watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty straight forward with lots of the same old questions from past papers coming up again. Unfortunatley there were TWO recycling questionson the paper, it was the only thing I didn't revise!.

What did you guys think of it?

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about the Polymers, Proteins and Steels module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyG)
    I thought it was pretty straight forward with lots of the same old questions from past papers coming up again. Unfortunatley there were TWO recycling questionson the paper, it was the only thing I didn't revise!.

What did you guys think of it?
    Yeah, i didnt revise the recycling crap, id never seen it in any past paper! I thought Jan04 was more striaght forward. What did you get for the concetration of Cu2+ ions, i got sumfin like 152mg.

ReputationRep:
    quite easy, i fu*ked up the calculation though,
    and maybe the very last bit, what did u get when the amino acids react with HCl and NaOH?

ReputationRep:
    eek, i got 2.4 for the CU question

I couldn't do the recycling plastics question, dammit

ReputationRep:
    i got this

H2N-Other-COOCl + HCl

i thought the last part is ionic

H2N Other Crrap COO-Na+

and the first part of the

ReputationRep:
    This was the 2853 module today right?

Yeah I thought it was ok actually. Some of the past papers I've seen have been much much worse!
    I got 152.4 or summit like that for the calc. too, so that gives me a little confidence. I think I lost lots of little silly marks, but I didn't mess up anything major (i hope!)

Really not looking forward to 2854 on Tuesday though! its gonna be well evil, especially if everyone is saying todays went ok. If one is easier they;re likely to make the other harder to compensate. I actually agree with it as a system - easy papers mean good students don't get the chance to prove themselves.

Never the less, still not looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    sorry yeh, i got the alkaline one being ionic with the Na+ and I did + cl- for the other one, which is probs wrong now you say it! damm o well only 1 mark

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.