Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you drive a motorbike, is it true that people cut you off for no good reason, or block you when you lane split in traffic? How can I avoid this if it's true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregy521)
    If you drive a motorbike, is it true that people cut you off for no good reason, or block you when you lane split in traffic? How can I avoid this if it's true?
    Nah, that's cyclists and it's because they've got it coming for them No one really minds bikers so far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    I get annoyed by the few who seem to think that traffic laws don't apply to them, but I don't try to kill them with my car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregy521)
    Yes, I've had people purposely move to block me whilst I was filtering.

How can you avoid it? You can't.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I had my bike (before it was written off by an unobservant c*nt) I noticed that a lot of people have a poor attitude towards motorcyclists.
    Jealousy is a b*tch, I guess.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do about those who block your path whilst filtering. Rev bombing the bike always helps a bit, make yourself and your feelings known a bit more.

Just make sure whilst filtering you're aware of the cars in front of you, using things like tyre movements to judge if anyone is due to change lanes or block you off.

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me a lot when I first started riding. I learnt that you need to be dominant in your road position and riding, that makes other drivers less likely to stupid things. It's mainly tailgaters that cause the most issues.
    As for problems while filtering, I've had drivers pull out of side roads in front of me without looking. I've got a very load exhaust that moves traffic out of my way when filtering so no one tries their luck.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just watch out for woman drivers. They don't look where they're going

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.