The Student Room Group

Barts and the London Medicine Offer Holders 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys, I applied for accomadation and have been rejected already looool, they said they are going to prioritise people outside of London! I'm on the waiting list, but was wondering if anyone knows if the people on the waiting list generally get offered a place ? Thanks
Reply 41
Original post by p12
Hey guys, I applied for accomadation and have been rejected already looool, they said they are going to prioritise people outside of London! I'm on the waiting list, but was wondering if anyone knows if the people on the waiting list generally get offered a place ? Thanks

A friend was in the same situation as you. He was offered accommodation like a month or so into the academic year.
Reply 42
Original post by p12

Do you live in greater london? Which part of london are you from because do people who live just within the m25 also get put on the waiting list?
Reply 43
Original post by aribery
Do you live in greater london? Which part of london are you from because do people who live just within the m25 also get put on the waiting list?

I live in Hounslow, it's in west London, like next to Heathrow, so yeah I'm assuming it's within the m25
Reply 44
Original post by Clubba
A friend was in the same situation as you. He was offered accommodation like a month or so into the academic year.

Oh ok, thanks!
Reply 45
Original post by p12
I live in Hounslow, it's in west London, like next to Heathrow, so yeah I'm assuming it's within the m25

Damn. I live in feltham lol which isn't far away from you.
Hello I was wondering if any current medical students could give their detailed opinion on the accomodation,what are the pros and cons of dawson and floyer,I keep hearing that overall dawson is better,is that true?
Reply 47
Original post by Michaaelaaa
Hello I was wondering if any current medical students could give their detailed opinion on the accomodation,what are the pros and cons of dawson and floyer,I keep hearing that overall dawson is better,is that true?

Dawson
+ Nice area
+ Won't get to live in that area for that price ever again
- Have to commute to uni

Floyer
+ Right next to uni so you can wake up at 8:55 for 9ams
+ Less people share a kitchen/etc.
- Crappy area.

50% of rooms at Dawson have a sink whereas all rooms in Floyer have a sink. All depends on who you are and what you like I guess.

Lazy? Floyer.
Don't mind commuting? Dawson.
Original post by Clubba
Dawson
+ Nice area
- Have to commute to uni

Floyer
- Crappy area.

50% of rooms at Dawson have a sink whereas all rooms in Floyer have a sink. All depends on who you are and what you like I guess.

Lazy? Floyer.

thank you,how do people usually commute from dawson to the lectue hall?Also which area would you say has the better social life e.g the better clubs and pubs etc?
Reply 49
Original post by Clubba
Dawson
+ Nice area
- Have to commute to uni

Floyer
- Crappy area.

Lazy? Floyer.

Do medical students have accommodation in the mile end student village too? If so what are the pros/cons of this? Thanks.
Reply 50
Original post by Michaaelaaa
thank you,how do people usually commute from dawson to the lectue hall?Also which area would you say has the better social life e.g the better clubs and pubs etc?

Depends really. Some cycle, some walk, some get the tube.

And everyone gets the tube to everywhere anyway - Dawson is in central so probably easier to get to those places that are in central.
Reply 51
Original post by aribery
Do medical students have accommodation in the mile end student village too? If so what are the pros/cons of this? Thanks.

Nope. Floyer or Dawson only.
Original post by Clubba
Depends really. Some cycle, some walk, some get the tube.

And everyone gets the tube to everywhere anyway - Dawson is in central so probably easier to get to those places that are in central.

Hey, do you know how many people you share the bathroom with in Dawson? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by OreoCookie181
Hey, do you know how many people you share the bathroom with in Dawson? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, not sure on that
Original post by Clubba
Sorry, not sure on that

That's alright, thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clubba
x

Pretty much everything in the first year (lectures etc) is in Whitechapel and anatomy and stuff like that is in Mile end right?
Reply 56
Original post by Rickstahhh
Pretty much everything in the first year (lectures etc) is in Whitechapel and anatomy and stuff like that is in Mile end right?

Yep, all lectures and PBLs are in Whitechapel.

Clinical skills (and some other things during FunMed) at West Smithfield (about 10 times in the year)

Anatomy and Physiology at Mile End (like once a week)
Original post by Clubba
Yep, all lectures and PBLs are in Whitechapel.

Clinical skills (and some other things during FunMed) at West Smithfield (about 10 times in the year)

Anatomy and Physiology at Mile End (like once a week)

Ahh ok, thanks.
In that respect, it is probably a LOT more convenient and beneficial to stay at Floyer.
Reply 58
Anybody know how many people share a kitchen/bathroom in both Floyer and Dawson?
Reply 59
Does anybody know of any other alternative accomadation that can be applied for those people who live in London and have been rejected accomadation? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending