Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I take Triple or Double Science?

I got a A in Chemistry. I got a B in Biology and I need to choose for my options. Idk what to choose I am really confused. As I am not really good at Physics because of the maths. Whereas, I want to become a Doctor (GP). Please could anyone give some advice ..

ReputationRep:
    personally I think triple always looks better than double, especially if you want to go into that high level profession, you could perhaps get a tutor for physics as you're only in early stages?

ReputationRep:
    If you are getting full tuition and think you can handle it I'd go with triple, fundamentally your A-levels and eventual degree are more important than your GCSEs but having more helps.

If you're in my situation where your school only teaches double science and one teacher offers to give you one extra class after school to do triple, unless you're someone who lives and breaths science (the sort of person that would describe a desktop casing as sexy) I'd possibly stick with the double.

On a more serious note the extra modules are harder but will better prepare you for A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on doing medicine in the future and I'm in year 11. I chose double science because my school has a stupid system but yeah anyways I agree you can do medicine with double science but if you have the chance to do triple go for it. I regret not choosing triple, I listened to others who said it would be fine but didn't really know what I wanted. Now I wish I could go back in time and chose triple. And about the physics thing, which ever one you choose your still going to have to do physics. It's the sad truth. With double you do two units and triple you do three. So not much of a difference.
    hope this helps xx

ReputationRep:
    Take triple

ReputationRep:
    Triple looks better double, though when you are applying for universities this isn't so significant. What matters then is your A Level grades.

Those that do double Science are more likely to understand Chemistry/Biology at A Level, because double covers A2 topics in more in depth than triple Science (this works out if you do Edexcel Double Science and AQA Biology/Chemistry).

Hope this helps with your final decision in choosing double or triple Science.

(Original post by Beenish1)
    Should I take Triple or Double Science?

I got a A in Chemistry. I got a B in Biology and I need to choose for my options. Idk what to choose I am really confused. As I am not really good at Physics because of the maths. Whereas, I want to become a Doctor (GP). Please could anyone give some advice ..
    Take triple

Some of the content in the extension units makes up part of the AS and later A levels, such as a basic version of the menstrual cycle which comes back at A2 in bio

Thanks a lot for all of your answers. I really appreciated it . I took Double Science for my options though. As it would look better if I get 2 A's instead of 3 B's. It was really hard to decide though but I think I should have taken triple.. .As im in year 9 but tommorrow s the deadline If I can I will try to change my options..

ReputationRep:
    i think u shud take triple

ReputationRep:
    triple looks better, but honestly i dont think unis care much for double or triple, alevels are much more important just make sure to get an average A in your gcses! good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Beenish1)
    Thanks a lot for all of your answers. I really appreciated it . I took Double Science for my options though. As it would look better if I get 2 A's instead of 3 B's. It was really hard to decide though but I think I should have taken triple.. .As im in year 9 but tommorrow s the deadline If I can I will try to change my options..
    I took double and am studying Biology at university. It doesn't hinder you in any way and I took double for the same reason as you; I knew I'd get better grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Changing Skies)
    I took double and am studying Biology at university. It doesn't hinder you in any way and I took double for the same reason as you; I knew I'd get better grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much
    I hope that I won't regret taking Double after all as you just stated about not worrying. Thanks a lot very much appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.