Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by LazyAndSad)
    Alright your response went from 100 to 0 real quick. The first part, I'm taking that onboard for my CA tomorrow. I don't think im going to bullsh*t?....
    As long as you're doing a ton of linking, new ideas, interpretations and etc you'll get the marks. You gotta write quick though if you want to get all your points in
    My coursework was on comparing Macbeth to wuthering heights and I wrote 22 sides of A4 but got full marks. The more different imaginative things you write the better. Pick good, short quotes that you've a lot to say about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Glad I can be of use to you - and yeah if I am online I will - just to let you know though I might be in bed because I am absolutely knackered. Do you go online before school like 7 ish? Because I am online from 6:30 if I ain't online later
    I use to revise from 5:30 to 7 am in the morning, for my 11+.....

I could try to get that schedule going. But yeah, I'll be on.

I'm gonna type it up today. Send it to you. I'll be on from 5:30.

ReputationRep:
    You're attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One of many.

I'm not going to give my personal reasons for why I don't want to try. Sorry if yo had an easy option where stuff gets served to you rather than going to get it.

We all have different reasons.

Just cos you never heard it ,doesn't mean it's wrong?

First guy to say the Earth was a sphere got killed. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thank you.

I'm not really gonna respond to your response unless it's somehow helpful....
    So basically you are going to throw away your chances of getting decent qualifications and a good career because of some list of reasons, one being your parents will boast about it. Sorry but everything is wrong with that because you are just going to **** up your future because of some stuff at the moment.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I use to revise from 5:30 to 7 am in the morning, for my 11+.....

I could try to get that schedule going. But yeah, I'll be on.

I'm gonna type it up today. Send it to you. I'll be on from 5:30.
    Ok no problem, I will definitely look at it for you before you do it at school.

You might want to try that schedule again, it may well be the boost you need, you never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    So basically you are going to throw away your chances of getting decent qualifications and a good career because of some list of reasons, one being your parents will boast about it. Sorry but everything is wrong with that because you are just going to **** up your future because of some stuff at the moment.
    Yeah I am. I admit that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Ok no problem, I will definitely look at it for you before you do it at school.

You might want to try that schedule again, it may well be the boost you need, you never know
    I'll think about it tonight. Good night broski

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RonnieRJ)
    As long as you're doing a ton of linking, new ideas, interpretations and etc you'll get the marks. You gotta write quick though if you want to get all your points in
    My coursework was on comparing Macbeth to wuthering heights and I wrote 22 sides of A4 but got full marks. The more different imaginative things you write the better. Pick good, short quotes that you've a lot to say about

Okay, Ima write up 2 of my points rn, mind checking em out ? it'll be done by 10pm.

Okay, Ima write up 2 of my points rn, mind checking em out ? it'll be done by 10pm.
    Ok lol I'll have a look

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, do you think it's possible to get 8A*s and 3 As if I focus from now on?
    Ok lol I'll have a look

Just wondering, do you think it's possible to get 8A*s and 3 As if I focus from now on?
    Yeah course! What subjects you doing? For GCSEs (and AS levels lol) I did one topic a day everyday before the exam. Ie if say Biology B2 had 30 topics, I'd start 30 days before the exam. You've got plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    Yeah course! What subjects you doing? For GCSEs (and AS levels lol) I did one topic a day everyday before the exam. Ie if say Biology B2 had 30 topics, I'd start 30 days before the exam. You've got plenty of time
    Maths (10/10
    Biology(-10/10)
    Chemistry (-5/10)
    Physics(-3/10)
    History (-10/10)
    English (-20/10)
    French(5/10)
    ICT(8/10)
    Philosophy and Ethics (8/10)

I chose those.
    Further Maths (5/10) <- I didn't get to choose this . The school forced me to do it :/

Maths (10/10
    Biology(-10/10)
    Chemistry (-5/10)
    Physics(-3/10)
    History (-10/10)
    English (-20/10)
    French(5/10)
    ICT(8/10)
    Philosophy and Ethics (8/10)

I chose those.
    Further Maths (5/10) <- I didn't get to choose this . The school forced me to do it :/
    Revise for maths and further maths together, you should be fine really.

For the sciences all you really have to do is just remember the content, there isn't really a ton of application. Just make sure you've read through the whole textbook for each science before the exam.

I did Spanish instead of French but I had a wall of words that I don't know yet from all the vocab pages. The more words you can recognise the better. Practice the tenses too

History is once again memorisation. I did it in year 10 and it was really easy for me. The essays will be marked as full marks as long as you include all the facts they ask for.

You'll be fine, just start revision, bit by bit everyday

ReputationRep:
    It is not too late at all, assuming your coursework is good but you seem smart so dw.

If you are a procrastinator like me, I have an amazing suggestion.

Wanna know the best thing to do at this point in time?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Simply log off and actually start studying

ReputationRep:
    But it's so hard to. I literally have a history paper in front of be but I've been finding random stuff for 80mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your're so right it's almost making me smile :/.
    Keep going. Think of when you open your results and see 8A*s and 3As, what is that gonna make you feel like? And keep that thought in your head and let it motivate you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    Keep going. Think of when you open your results and see 8A*s and 3As, what is that gonna make you feel like? And keep that thought in your head and let it motivate you.
    YES SIR! thanks bro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.