Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Honestly couldn't give a **** where Lime-man /James goes or does, it's his prerogative. I still consider him a TSR friend...

(Original post by PetrosAC)
    In light of recent events, I have decided to join UKIP. Aph will be coming with me.
    The more the merrier!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I do an average of 72, I've done up to 90. When you have a decent job the hours don't feel too bad. I've got a couple days off now though, today and tomorrow but before that it was 9 days straight.
    Fair enough but that was your ******** excuse to the government when you resigned. It would have been easier to say 'my views have changed, I'm not comfortable with this' etc. This is just my opinion.

(Original post by The Financier)
    When can we expect your TUSC membership arriving?
    I'll be the 2020 candidate for my area!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    In light of recent events, I have decided to join UKIP. Aph will be coming with me.
    Don't forget me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You are likely joking, but Nebelbon is right: if you resign as Liberal leader, pledge your allegiance to being against the EU, and follow the will of the party on big items, you may join, but Aph would not be a good fit.

Airmed As a Support Team member, I hope you feel his breech of MHoC rule number seven deserves a punishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Honestly couldn't give a **** where Lime-man /James goes or does, it's his prerogative. I still consider him a TSR friend...
    I love MHoC usernames; they do crack me up!

I do an average of 72, I've done up to 90. When you have a decent job the hours don't feel too bad. I've got a couple days off now though, today and tomorrow but before that it was 9 days straight.
    That is an insane amount of time to work. Isn't it against the law? Especially considering it is an apprenticeship.

All the best to you there though, I'd have thought that having to work that many hours would turn you into a proper overthrow the bourgeoisie communist
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Fair enough but that was your ******** excuse to the government when you resigned. It would have been easier to say 'my views have changed, I'm not comfortable with this' etc. This is just my opinion.
    With a looming VoNC I thought that having a chancellor who wrote a budget and then outwardly states that he doesn't support the views expressed in it would have been possibly detrimental to the government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    That is an insane amount of time to work. Isn't it against the law? Especially considering it is an apprenticeship.

All the best to you there though, I'd have thought that having to work that many hours would turn you into a proper overthrow the bourgeoisie communist
    Not an apprenticeship (I'm way passed that), and I'm a member of the union also, so if I feel like it's getting too much then I can take a couple days (as I'm doing)
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If you resign as Liberal leader, pledge your allegiance to being against the EU, and follow the will of the party on big items, you may join, but Aph would not be a good fit.
    Aph has to come with me I'm afraid.

I'm a soft Eurosceptic but I think thats roughly where the similarities end
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You are likely joking, but Nebelbon is right: if you resign as Liberal leader, pledge your allegiance to being against the EU, and follow the will of the party on big items, you may join, but Aph would not be a good fit.

Airmed As a Support Team member, I hope you feel his breech of MHoC rule number seven deserves a punishment.
    I would rather PM you my views.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's the MHoC, it's alright. Addictive as hell though, we have some saddos here who put off real life events to do stuff in this place.
    Oi, the 'saddos' make this place what it is.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes, people need to have a 100% voting record, to be up to date on the latest doings, and to be able to respond to any drama; putting TSR first once a week to properly digest everything that has happened is needed. I have cancelled on real life friends to stay in the house following Aphgate to deal with what was happening, the general elections results, and during arguments on some bills.
    PRSOM.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Who will lead the Liberal Party?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Who will lead the Liberal Party?
    It was a joke

If I were to actually leave, Airmed would be Acting Leader until one was elected.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I would rather PM you my views.
    Feel free to pm me your views...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Feel free to pm me your views...
    :yep:

ReputationRep:

I will happily discuss publically, as I have with Ray in great detail privately; that this breaches MHOC rules/ guidelines, and a punishment should be issued!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :yep:
    :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.