Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I wrote the budget, then bailed. AMA watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It's too late for that now, I'll not settle for anything less than half the caviar and champagne and at least one of your limos. Plus we change office chairs, your's has got better lumbar support.
    I'll give you a third of the caviar, two bottles of champagne and you can take out the nice limo on weekends. I keep the chair. Final offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I read that as 'doing a minor' :facepalm:
    OMFG! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Adam Johnson has that covered
    You prick xD
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You have people? Why don't I have people or is this like my CA powers, outdated and after my time?
    I've got your back. Give toronto a better chair, RayApparently! #justicefortoronto
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'll give you a third of the caviar, two bottles of champagne and you can take out the nice limo on weekends. I keep the chair. Final offer.
    A third of the caviar, ten bottles of champagne, two limos, with the nice limo only on alternate weekends, and I get your chair - if not, what about that large green one that's hanging round the chamber? I'll take that if you're not using it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    A third of the caviar, ten bottles of champagne, two limos, with the nice limo only on alternate weekends, and I get your chair - if not, what about that large green one that's hanging round the chamber? I'll take that if you're not using it.
    The cheek! Just for that, none of the champagne! You can have the office chair though. I already let you sit in the big green one, what was it? 17% of the time?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    The cheek! Just for that, none of the champagne! You can have the office chair though. I already let you sit in the big green one, what was it? 17% of the time?
    Ok, ok, I'll go to 4 bottles of champagne, and for that dazzling display of political satire, I'll let you keep your collection of Private Eye magazines and won't burn them. If I were you, I'd keep them in a safe place though because there were some ....erm ..... non-political magazines shall we say in amongst them.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I stole the big green one and took it to the Labour whips' office while you guys were bickering over it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ok, ok, I'll go to 4 bottles of champagne, and for that dazzling display of political satire, I'll let you keep your collection of Private Eye magazines and won't burn them. If I were you, I'd keep them in a safe place though because there were some ....erm ..... non-political magazines shall we say in amongst them.
    Fair play. Deal.

Oh you saw those did you... How embarrassing. What can I say, I love New Scientist.

Sorry, I stole the big green one and took it to the Labour whips' office while you guys were bickering over it
    :eek:

Serjeant! Get your sword!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Could I suggest the best way to resolve this in a way that is acceptable to all would be to stick a ban on James Milibanter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Could I suggest the best way to resolve this in a way that is acceptable to all would be to stick a ban on James Milibanter?
    RayApparently

This is actually sensible.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. Deal.

Oh you saw those did you... How embarrassing. What can I say, I love New Scientist.

:eek:

Serjeant! Get your sword!
    Took that as well It's proving mightily useful when punishing those with poor voting turnout :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Hey that's my new foot rest!

Fair play. Deal.

If only it were just New Scientist. I'm sure I saw a copy of Gardener's Weekly in there too. :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    RayApparently To help you find dirt on James I have identified three posts where he agrees with his own budget in a conversation with himself, proving he used the accounts at the same time to falsify support for things in the budget. In post 266 Lime-man praises the tax cuts in the budget with the conversation with himself taking place in the following two posts. There is more agreement with the government when he commented on the MoNC that was tabled but I think one example of falsifying support is enough to show the accounts were used to be deceptive.

ReputationRep:

If only it were just New Scientist. I'm sure I saw a copy of Gardener's Weekly in there too. :naughty:
    Mr. Speaker, how could you?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's only because you're in the Government whips' office so often with your 64% voting turnout :naughty:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Mr. Speaker, how could you?! :eek:
    I know, it's absolutely shocking.

That's only because you're in the Government whips' office so often with your 64% voting turnout :naughty:
    I thought I was in there so often for rebelling against the Government, though I suppose my voting percentage would have to be higher for that to hold true

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's absolutely shocking.

I thought I was in there so often for rebelling against the Government, though I suppose my voting percentage would have to be higher for that to hold true
    That too. Did I tell you you'll be paying for the new whip? I've had to use the old one so often on you that it's worn out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    RayApparently To help you find dirt on James I have identified three posts where he agrees with his own budget in a conversation with himself, proving he used the accounts at the same time to falsify support for things in the budget. In post 266 Lime-man praises the tax cuts in the budget with the conversation with himself taking place in the following two posts. There is more agreement with the government when he commented on the MoNC that was tabled but I think one example of falsifying support is enough to show the accounts were used to be deceptive.

Look, maybe you should calm down now. Although James/Lime-man could have handled the situation in a better way, we all deserve fresh starts. We all make mistakes.

Obviously I can't force you to stop, but I'm thinking about your personal wellbeing too... this can't be good for your stress level.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask...

But what is AMA?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.