I don't know, I think that this tie looks okay
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And this:
    The tartan is OK but the tie is vile.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm for the idea we all have two accounts within the MHoC.

Imagine the fun.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    The tartan is OK but the tie is vile.
    I completely disagree and if you want a happy defence minister I'd like that tie to be the national Tie of the U.K.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Could I suggest the best way to resolve this in a way that is acceptable to all would be to stick a ban on James Milibanter?
    Hoe exactly is that a punishment? It's like having an SORN car in my garage and being punished for owning a second car by being told I cannot drive the first...
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Some form of punishment yes, a ban however I think is a massive overeaction, everything should be taken in context, not just for this but for all cases
    So what exactly do you propose that is an actual punishment and does not take the form of least some kind of ban?
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    That is an insane amount of time to work. Isn't it against the law? Especially considering it is an apprenticeship.All the best to you there though, I'd have thought that having to work that many hours would turn you into a proper overthrow the bourgeoisie communist
    the WTD is opt out, so over 48 a week and the other things that come with the WTD don't necessarily hold for all people.
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    With a looming VoNC I thought that having a chancellor who wrote a budget and then outwardly states that he doesn't support the views expressed in it would have been possibly detrimental to the government.
    Then you should have never taken the post knowing that you would disagree with it...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Hoe exactly is that a punishment? It's like having an SORN car in my garage and being punished for owning a second car by being told I cannot drive the first...
    It's not meant to be a punishment because there is no real breaking of rules here – the dupe is not being used to spy on another party or compromise subforum security.

James is not the first person to start afresh, and whilst I personally don't see the need, as long as the original account isn't being used there's not a lot wrong with that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's not meant to be a punishment because there is no real breaking of rules here – the dupe is not being used to spy on another party or compromise subforum security.

James is not the first person to start afresh, and whilst I personally don't see the need, as long as the original account isn't being used there's not a lot wrong with that.
    How many of those others starting afresh were duping during their Fresh start rather than finishing on one account and then coming back on another? If the rules say 1 user 1 active account then they mean 1 user 1 active account not "1 user, but they can have as many active accounts as they like as long as only one of them is in a party"
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    How many of those others starting afresh were duping during their Fresh start rather than finishing on one account and then coming back on another? If the rules say 1 user 1 active account then they mean 1 user 1 active account not "1 user, but they can have as many active accounts as they like as long as only one of them is in a party"
    Can you please show me where in the rules it sets out 1 user 1 account?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have no idea where the rules being cited even are, that "If" is very much a case of "supposing this is actually a rule"
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2272180

Number 7
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    OK, this is in the moderation guidelines not the GD/Constitution, so it's up to the CT to deal with any breaches. Having had a chat to Pickles about James's situation in Labour I get the feeling they aren't overly bothered by this situation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    OK, this is in the moderation guidelines not the GD/Constitution, so it's up to the CT to deal with any breaches. Having had a chat to Pickles about James's situation in Labour I get the feeling they aren't overly bothered by this situation.
    Actually it's not even the CT's job. It's house guidelines which are part of the speakers Job to deal with and are beyond the modship I belive (The Financier?)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Looks like the post needs updating regardless
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Looks like the post needs updating regardless
    Only the mod stuff...

Although I'm thinking that I might add some of that to the Constitution (assuming that its status as being the speakers to uphold as opposed to tge mods is established) or just go though the GD/constitution and re-writing most of it after my BFIDFE Bill passes.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually it's not even the CT's job. It's house guidelines which are part of the speakers Job to deal with and are beyond the modship I belive (The Financier?)
    "the D&CA team would like to put some basic guidelines in place"

Sounds like a moderation issue to me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Only the mod stuff...

Although I'm thinking that I might add some of that to the Constitution (assuming that its status as being the speakers to uphold as opposed to tge mods is established) or just go though the GD/constitution and re-writing most of it after my BFIDFE Bill passes.
    Once again, where do you get your crystal balls from?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Once again, where do you get your crystal balls from?
    I ment passes thought the house...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    All that I'm saying is, this is a farce, and the fact that it hasn't blown over yet is a massive sign of either immaturity among some members, or obsession. I worked around the rules, I won't lie that it was unethical, but that's all it was.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    All that I'm saying is, this is a farce, and the fact that it hasn't blown over yet is a massive sign of either immaturity among some members, or obsession. I worked around the rules, I won't lie that it was unethical, but that's all it was.
    You didn't work around the rules, you simply ignored them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is a poor substitute for legislative debate in this House.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.