Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Firstly, I want to point out that I have no knowledge whatsoever on the products used for styling someone's hair. I am using only a shampoo and have no problems with my hair but I want to change something.

Usually when I get out of the bath and dry my hair with a towel, it is perfect for the first one-two hours! It is relatively wet, I can shape it however I want and it has that really soft touch! Also the colour is more natural!
    After a certain period, it turns into a dry monster with sharp edges. It becomes a complete mess and I can feel it as a really dry hair.

What can I do to keep my hair as it is the first hour after I dry it with my towel? I have used gel in the past but it kinda hardens my hair and does not make it feel wet, it only makes it look wet and moisturized but this is more a visual effect. I want it to feel wet and look like one, I also want it to be flexible and soft in touch.

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with a quiff, sweep back and stuff like that. And I think your hair is terribly dry because you only use shampoo which strip hair of natural oils and stuff. You have to use conditioner, it adds all the nutrients that the shampoo takes off, making hair more moisturised and healthy.

As for hairstyle, you need a blow dryer and product. I can't tell you what product you need cus different for different hair types. If your hair is thick for example Claymation is a great product, if thin then I believe styling paste or something like Quicksand is what you need.

These products are not like gel, your hair is still smooth and soft and mouldable but will maintain styles and look more modern and heathy. Gel is a no no.

Take care of your hair, it makes you instantly more attractive if you pay attention to it. After all it's the most noticeable item in your body that you wear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.