Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would just like some clarity regarding my eligibility to receive student finance. When I was 18 in 2011, I attended university for three months studying BA English Literature however I dropped out at Christmas due to personal circumstances. I returned to a different university in 2013 to study a nursing degree and I am now in my third year. I'm really not enjoying the course, there is a possibility I may fail a module and I'm currently re-evaluating my options. If it were possible I would like to study my original subject English Literature again as my heart really isn't in becoming a nurse but I am aware that I have already received a lot of funding and it may not be possible to receive anything further.

My current tuition fees are funded by the NHS if that makes any difference but i receive a reduced-rate maintenance loan. If it isn't possible to receive further student funding from the government, do I have any alternative options?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Emily Anna

If you have 4 years of previous study, we would normally be able to offer any help with funding. Please speak with your university adviser about your options.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.