AgnesObligue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I messed up, i'm in Y11, and I chose PE over my other GCSE's I have never done any kind of sports but I felt it would be nice to know to to remain fit and healthy, i adquiered that knowledge in y10 (tbh, i didn't really learn anything new: eat balanced diet, do sports) but then I went into the dark side of PE, analysis of performance, personal exercise programmes, exams, courseworks, this subject which I find useless for MY future is now a great weight to carry, I have courseworks which take up to 2 months to complete (personal exercise programe), a controlled 12 hour assessment, the theory exam for which I have to study so invredibely much amd the practical exam (I have anxiety and HATE being recorded, plus i've never done a sport and i'm expected to perform greatly in 4). This subject is consuming so much of my time for ther GCSE I find more important but I can't study for because I have all this PE stuff, i have class mates who are really into PE and enjoy the subject but I don't, I've tried to change it but I can't I've been thinking on giving up and sacrifise it for my other (in my opinion) more important GCSE's, is this the right way to go? Any alternatives? What can I do? Please
I was not warned about this :c
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I were you, I would drop PE. If you're really hating it, and finding it difficult and time consuming, then it could potentially drag the grades in your other subjects down as well. Therefore, I think it would be best for you to drop PE and focus on your other subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads