Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to ask him why he's not "making the move"? Watch

I've been seeing a guy since new year's eve and we meet up quite frequently just the two of us. When we meet up we flirt A LOT and hold hands/cuddle/spoon (which he often initiates), but we haven't taken things any further even though I've been giving him quite obvious signs that I want him to kiss me etc.

I know he's relatively shy, but if I'm giving him all the signs then surely he wouldn't be scared to do it as he wouldn't be rejected? I know me making the move would be the easiest thing but I'm relatively shy too and can't seem to pluck up the courage, especially now I'm not sure he's interested because he hasn't tried to do anything.

In short, how do I ask him why he won't kiss me without it sounding as blunt as that? Even if he said he didn't like me like that, I just want to know

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's shy too? Maybe he doesn't what to be too pushy because everything is deemed as ''rapey'' these days by feminists and you need a ''consent contract'' to even look at a girl? My advice is go ahead and kiss him, you are far less likely to get rejected, never mind be accused of sexual assault or who knows what else.

ReputationRep:
    asking why somebody isn't "making the move" *is* making a move...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.