The Student Room Group

Rejection Feedback

I'm thinking of applying to Cambridge this year for maths and was just wondering why people who have applied to Cambridge previously were rejected so I can see if I have a realistic chance and if there is anything I can do or avoid doing to increase my chances of getting in.
Reply 1
Original post by DotDotDot...
I'm thinking of applying to Cambridge this year for maths and was just wondering why people who have applied to Cambridge previously were rejected so I can see if I have a realistic chance and if there is anything I can do or avoid doing to increase my chances of getting in.

Don't worry about how well or badly others have done. Focus on *your* maths - that's by far the most important thing.

If you can achieve strong module marks in Maths & Further Maths then that's a great start.
Original post by jneill
Don't worry about how well or badly others have done. Focus on *your* maths - that's by far the most important thing.

If you can achieve strong module marks in Maths & Further Maths then that's a great start.

Thanks, yes I will focus most of my efforts towards getting the grades but the PS and interviews do worry me slightly so just wanted to be prepared really (I know it's very far in advance)
Reply 3
Original post by DotDotDot...
Thanks, yes I will focus most of my efforts towards getting the grades but the PS and interviews do worry me slightly so just wanted to be prepared really (I know it's very far in advance)

Your PS is not very important for Maths. And, yes, the interview is a long way away...

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Your PS is not very important for Maths. And, yes, the interview is a long way away...

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending