Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am starting uni in september of 2016, i am hoping to move out in early september. I was wondering when do you first recieve your student loan, how often such as how many months do i have to wait till my next student loan comes through (because i am unsure about how long a term is) and how much money do they give you to the last you those certain months?
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by shannenh14)
    i am starting uni in september of 2016, i am hoping to move out in early september. I was wondering when do you first recieve your student loan, how often such as how many months do i have to wait till my next student loan comes through (because i am unsure about how long a term is) and how much money do they give you to the last you those certain months?
    Generally you get them on first day of each new term? So for the academic year 16/17 for MMU; the Autumn Term is 'Monday, 19 September 2016 – Friday, 16 December 2016'.

If you're enrolling in September as a new student; it generally takes 2-3 days for the university to confirm you've enrolled and therefore you'll get your first installment around Wednesday 21st September. Don't worry though! If you're moving into university halls, they take this into account and don't take the rent immediately

The Spring Term is 'Monday, 9 January 2017 – Friday, 31 March 2017' and so because you'll have already enrolled; there'll be no waiting for the money and therefore you should your second installment on Monday 9th January.

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2016

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.