Turn on thread page Beta

How to completely mask the effects of sleep deprivation for a short time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

So this weekend, I'll be getting back from school, then more or less going straight to work until about 11 PM. I'll be knackered after, and the next morning I'm getting up at around 6-7 to get to a short films shoot at 8. Regardless of whether or not I squeeze every possible drop of sleep out of 11PM-7AM, I'll be really tired.

My question is: How do I completely mask the effects of my tiredness until the end of the shoot (about 3PM). I don't care if I fall asleep like a light at the end of the shoot; I just need to get through it alert. I have no problem with lots and lots of caffeine, I like coffee quite a lot in fact, just looking for any other advice for getting me through the Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

ReputationRep:
    cocaine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    cocaine
    Would you change your mind if i told you that the shoot consisted of me starring in a PSA for 8 year old kids not to do drugs?

Yeah me neither....

(that's not what the shoot is btw)
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RiceCakes924)
    Hi,

So this weekend, I'll be getting back from school, then more or less going straight to work until about 11 PM. I'll be knackered after, and the next morning I'm getting up at around 6-7 to get to a short films shoot at 8. Regardless of whether or not I squeeze every possible drop of sleep out of 11PM-7AM, I'll be really tired.

My question is: How do I completely mask the effects of my tiredness until the end of the shoot (about 3PM). I don't care if I fall asleep like a light at the end of the shoot; I just need to get through it alert. I have no problem with lots and lots of caffeine, I like coffee quite a lot in fact, just looking for any other advice for getting me through the Saturday.

Clinique do an eye serum which you can pick up at Boots which will keep them bright and from looking tired. Quite pricey but works. Put it on in the morning, again before bed, and again the morning of the shoot. Stay hydrated.

Don't drink too much coffee, it will dehydrate you. Keep your blood sugar high, have some complex carbs and decent amount of protein to maintain your complexion and energy. Berries are good for that.

Your photos will be 'developed' on photoshop anyway so they will be altered to make everything look great anyway.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    cocaine
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Amphetamine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Clinique do an eye serum which you can pick up at Boots which will keep them bright and from looking tired. Quite pricey but works. Put it on in the morning, again before bed, and again the morning of the shoot. Stay hydrated.

Don't drink too much coffee, it will dehydrate you. Keep your blood sugar high, have some complex carbs and decent amount of protein to maintain your complexion and energy. Berries are good for that.

Your photos will be 'developed' on photoshop anyway so they will be altered to make everything look great anyway.
    Okay, thanks very much, a lot of that is useful

but btw i think what i said was misunderstood; i'm not acting or anything, I work behind the camera, though I'm sure a lot of that still applies to just making me more productive.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Modafinil

ReputationRep:
    Would you change your mind if i told you that the shoot consisted of me starring in a PSA for 8 year old kids not to do drugs?

Yeah me neither....

(that's not what the shoot is btw)
    i was have a laugh
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Amphetamine
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Okay, thanks very much, a lot of that is useful

but btw i think what i said was misunderstood; i'm not acting or anything, I work behind the camera, though I'm sure a lot of that still applies to just making me more productive.
    Cocaine it is then

ReputationRep:
    cocaine
    are you currently hustling?

ReputationRep:
    Sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    are you currently hustling?
    10/6
    ebaying on a lot of estate stuff looking for quick but profitable sellers
    and planning a gold buying event in a couple of months

Hi,

8 hours sleep is not enough for you? Jeez, try pulling an all nighter, going into chemistry lab for 6 hours, then going to work until 1pm and come back and tell me what tiredness feels like

Hi,

1am rather

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note, it all depends how your body is. Some people can function perfectly fine on four to five hours of sleep. Some need ten. Some are fine with eight or six, or whatever. Get as much sleep as you can, but stagger your alarms to wake you up gradually. Going from being asleep to being awake means that you're going to be groggy.

Stay hydrated is going to be the crucial one. Get air when you can. Ever since I gave up energy drinks, that's how I've managed all nighters at the library, and I can easily find myself going until 4pm on barely two hour's sleep as a result.

Eat right too, but also allow having some chocolate or something when you're flagging.

ReputationRep:
    Running this schedule for one day is hardly sleep deprivation. I usually need a lot of sleep compared to most people but I can do this kind of thing by accident. Splash water on your face or something.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.