Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips on accomodation at exeter or good places to be, im pretty set on catering for myself. Plan to study med sciences so will be down at st lukes alot !? Travelling up from somewhere like Birks grange wouldnt bother me as its only a couple of miles and i can always cycle. But any general advice on places to go/not to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a quite similar situation in the sense that I will have lectures on both campuses (psych with sport). Also going for self-catered. I think I will choose cook mews, but, as well as you, would like to get some advice regarding the accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshohill)
    Anyone got any tips on accomodation at exeter or good places to be, im pretty set on catering for myself. Plan to study med sciences so will be down at st lukes alot !? Travelling up from somewhere like Birks grange wouldnt bother me as its only a couple of miles and i can always cycle. But any general advice on places to go/not to?
    There is no bad accommodation at Exeter. Even the cheap end is still decent.

People like to say that there are bad places to live, like people often say that Birks Grange is terrible because it's got a relatively long walk to town and the centre of the Uni, but for a lot of people that isn't a problem at all. I've heard people saying that Lafrowda has too many people to a flat, but again for most people that isn't an issue.

Pick your accommodation based on what you want, what type of room, what size flat, what location, and ignore every single thing that anybody says about which accommodation is the best or the worst.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.