How many countries have you been to? watch

ReputationRep:
    France x2
    Iceland
    Taiwan
    Malaysia x4

I want to go to America, Spain, Germany and Italy

ReputationRep:
    I just watched a motivational video that told me anything is possible...

I wanna go to the moon

Like for real I will start saving in like a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baaah)
    France x2
    Iceland
    Taiwan
    Malaysia x4

I want to go to America, Spain, Germany and Italy
    If Germany is on your list I'd recommend three cities, above all else: Aachen (the former seat of Charlemagne and 5 min away from the Dutch border, so you can add another country), Berlin (just because it's the capital and many people like it there, me not so much, but who cares) and Nürnberg (spent many a childhood summer there, great, traditional German city with all of the Bavarian splendour of Munich).

ReputationRep:
    None. But I live in London so it's like having the 3rd world on your doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    This is my video that I personally filmed on my visit to the People's Republic of China in April - May 2013 :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCb_jSt2g3U
    Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    7 unless you count the UK as separate then 9.

ReputationRep:
    I have been to France, South Africa, Namibia, Germany, the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Spain and the United States.

I want to go to Iceland, Japan, Poland, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Israel, Cuba and Canada.

ReputationRep:
    wales, france, belgium, switzerland and america

ReputationRep:
    If you count England as a country away from Scotland then I've been to 3. Iceland, Republic of Ireland and England. I want to visit every Scandinavian country. Not really fussed about going anywhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Three Asian Countries(vacation). I don't travel much.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the UK, in chronological order of first visit: France, Belgium, Spain, United States, Ireland, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, Germany, Portugal, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia (driven through), Austria, Hungary, Switzerland, Cyprus, Russia and Sweden.

Really want to go to Greece. I've lived in Spain, been there on typical Brit family holidays multiple times too but I've never been to Greece. Thessaloniki is meant to be a mini Barcelona for nightlife. Wouldn't mind getting stuck into the other Balkans as well. As for Northern Europe I'd also like to have a look around the Baltic states before they get too expensive. Haven't been to the Netherlands either and never used to be that interested but I'd be more than up for a visit now I think. Would like to see Ajax play.

Also the only country outside Europe above is the US (and Cyprus in purely physiogeographical terms).

Two. England and Wales.

Hold your jealousy please. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    If you count England as a country away from Scotland then I've been to 3. Iceland, Republic of Ireland and England. I want to visit every Scandinavian country. Not really fussed about going anywhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scandi culture is really popular in London. People love the coffee and cake and smorgasbords and stuff. I don't see much in it personally as it's not that different from going to Costa and the food is virtually the same as ours! I think a lot of ours see them as 'the perfect people'.

However - I've been to Sweden and the rural landscapes are peaceful and beautiful. Stockholm is interesting too, but a lot like other European cities.

ReputationRep:
    12 (I think)

I would love to go to Japan, South Korea, China and Australia

ReputationRep:
    5 - if you include France which I just stopped off at on the way to Belgium

I'd really like to visit France - and explore Paris in particular. I'm not really into travelling abroad much though so there's not many other places I'd specifically want to visit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About 19 I think...
    I love counting places I've visited on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list

Places I really want to go: Ecuador, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Sri Lanka, Italy, Poland...and the list goes on!

ReputationRep:
    Spain, France, Belgium, Greece (Islands) and Cyprus. Going to visit Italy and mainland Greece this Summer.

ReputationRep:
    I recently reached 55 countries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vindobona)
    I recently reached 55 countries
    Wow, awesome! I obviously still have some catching up to do, in that case . Which have been your favourites and how did you come to travel so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desideria)
    Wow, awesome! I obviously still have some catching up to do, in that case . Which have been your favourites and how did you come to travel so much?
    My favourite is Canada. Not only because of the friendliness and open-mindedness of Canadians, but mainly because of its untouched nature, wide range of different landscapes, 47 national parks and low density of population. For me, driving down a Canadian highway next to epic mountains, forests and lakes without seeing any other car for an hour is the definition of absolute freedom. I did an epic solo road trip across Canada last year during which I managed to travel to 10 out of 13 provinces and territories, including remote Inuit communities far north of the arctic circle.

But I also like Central America (namely Mexico, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Cuba) very much because of their relaxed vibe and passion for the simple and fun things in life.

As for your second question... I just love travelling and do it whenever I can. I try not to be materialistic but to enjoy every moment in life, so I spend most of my money and all of my vacation days on travelling. I was lucky enough to travel quite a lot with my parents when I was younger, and now (I'm 26) I just do weekend trips to European destinations several times a year and long-haul trips to other continents 2 to 4 times a year.

I worked very hard in a multinational corporation for 2.5 years (as in, 60 hour weeks) and managed to put some travel money aside because my salary was decent. Meanwhile, I have quit the job in order to focus on doing a PhD and travel whenever I can. I also stick to the same airline alliance (oneworld) whenever I fly, which allows me to collect a lot of frequent flyer miles and redeem them for free long-haul flights. 2 years ago I flew to Australia and back without paying anything (except miles) and this year I did the same with Costa Rica in business class.

Also, my main goal is not to tick countries off my list but to cover as much as possible in any country I go to. No matter how small or underdeveloped the country, I always go out of the capital city to see some smaller towns, the countryside, and the natural highlights of the country.

This reply was actually longer than planned, but that pretty much sums up my travel behaviour

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.