Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else on here who has not done biology at neither AS nor A2 level? How are you guys preparing for the interview then ? ( PS : I dont have an interview yet)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Has anyone here applied to Selwyn and received an early interview offer? Or perhaps does anyone know whether Selwyn sent interview invites before BMAT scores were released in the previous years? I'm wondering as I don't think I did very well on the BMAT and I feel the admissions office would automatically reject me when they see my score.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone applied to St. John's received an interview yet? really freaking out cause I probably bombed the bmat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splle)
    Hi everyone! Has anyone here applied to Selwyn and received an early interview offer? Or perhaps does anyone know whether Selwyn sent interview invites before BMAT scores were released in the previous years? I'm wondering as I don't think I did very well on the BMAT and I feel the admissions office would automatically reject me when they see my score.
    Don't worry about BMAT- if the rest of your application is strong they will most likely invite you. I got invited 3 years ago despite my terrible bmat (low 4s :confused:)... From what I've heard Selwyn takes their time with interview offers and noone i met at the interview got an invite before bmat results. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splle)
    Hey! i dont think many colleges send out interviews before bmat (so far I've only heard of queens and jesus) and i dont think anyone from selwyn applying for medicine has put anything up on the spreadsheet on the main thread (altho that's probably not that representative). soz if thats not v helpful.

and im sure youve done a lot better than you think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Don't worry about BMAT- if the rest of your application is strong they will most likely invite you. I got invited 3 years ago despite my terrible bmat (low 4s :confused:)... From what I've heard Selwyn takes their time with interview offers and noone i met at the interview got an invite before bmat results. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, what college did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat157)
    Hi, has anyone applied to St. John's received an interview yet? really freaking out cause I probably bombed the bmat.
    Ive applied too, guessed about 80% of the BMAT and St Johns use BMAT to select for interview. last years average was 6.1 6.2 3.7A

So yahh, im dead but idrc cuz got 2interviews elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogsaregreat)
    Hi, what college did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
    Selwyn - absolutely loved the college! Now I'm applying for grad entry at Lucy Cavendish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelusa)
    Selwyn - absolutely loved the college! Now I'm applying for grad entry at Lucy Cavendish

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck!! I'm applying to churchill for undergrad medicine xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Ive applied too, guessed about 80% of the BMAT and St Johns use BMAT to select for interview. last years average was 6.1 6.2 3.7A

So yahh, im dead but idrc cuz got 2interviews elsewhere
    Well done with the 2 interviews! I wasn't sure whether johns looked at it before or after interviews. oh well it is Cambridge after all. Just praying for an interview and hoping my guesses on the bmat were correct. Last year they had 84 applicants, 50 interviewed and made 18 offers. So 60% chance of interview bruhh

ReputationRep:
    Well done with the 2 interviews! I wasn't sure whether johns looked at it before or after interviews. oh well it is Cambridge after all. Just praying for an interview and hoping my guesses on the bmat were correct. Last year they had 84 applicants, 50 interviewed and made 18 offers. So 60% chance of interview bruhh
    Lool yeah i analysed the **** out of the whatdotheyknow website too for St Johns too.
    Can i ask for your stats?
    Mine are 11A* gcse
    AAAB (2 internal As) A in AS maths= 93 avg and 2 marks off an A in AS history but its a linear course so the AS counted for nothing so wasnt required for my SAQ
    Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    Lool yeah i analysed the **** out of the whatdotheyknow website too for St Johns too.
    Can i ask for your stats?
    Mine are 11A* gcse
    AAAB (2 internal As) A in AS maths= 93 avg and 2 marks off an A in AS history but its a linear course so the AS counted for nothing so wasnt required for my SAQ
    Wbu?
    Sure
    GCSE: 9A* 4A
    Pred: 3A* A
    AS: Maths- A (94 UMS avg), for French unfortunately missed an A, planning to retake next yr but it's my 4th. Bio and Chem didn't have exams for, only internal.

ReputationRep:
    Sure
    GCSE: 9A* 4A
    Pred: 3A* A
    AS: Maths- A (94 UMS avg), for French unfortunately missed an A, planning to retake next yr but it's my 4th. Bio and Chem didn't have exams for, only internal.
    I know another guy at my school with 9A* 2As
    3As at AS (rs/maths/f maths) 96 avg
    And 4A* prediction

So yeah Johns is reallly competitive, as if it needed to be said

ReputationRep:
    Welp I know I'll be completely wrecked god bless, my UMS for AS maths was kinda ****. I'm considering retaking it so that I don't look like a complete idiot

Edit: This is where I ask you guys for help. Do I retake the maths modules i did, or do I keep them? I got average of 86 UMS for C1, C2 and M1. This isn't 90% i know, which is why now I'm starting to panic. Should I retake them, or do I double down on the grades and hope the A* predicted can lift up my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpookyCake)
    Welp I know I'll be completely wrecked god bless, my UMS for AS maths was kinda ****. I'm considering retaking it so that I don't look like a complete idiot

Edit: This is where I ask you guys for help. Do I retake the maths modules i did, or do I keep them? I got average of 86 UMS for C1, C2 and M1. This isn't 90% i know, which is why now I'm starting to panic. Should I retake them, or do I double down on the grades and hope the A* predicted can lift up my application?
    I'd seriously consider retaking C1 and C2, but it's important to research your University choices policies on retaking modules and how many, if any, retakes they permit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kozmo)
    I'd seriously consider retaking C1 and C2, but it's important to research your University choices policies on retaking modules and how many, if any, retakes they permit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually didnt know you had a limit wow ok, where can i find some information on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpookyCake)
    I actually didnt know you had a limit wow ok, where can i find some information on that?
    The majority of universities, possibly even all of them, have a public statement on their retake policy. A google search and a little look on the specific universities website should find it.

If not, I'd just give the admission office a ring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People who've applied to Clare has anyone heard anything from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutekitten2017)
    People who've applied to Clare has anyone heard anything from them?
    I think we will all probably start hearing things by tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Do they get bmat results tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.