Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_8)
    Subject interviews are science based, although they may throw in a few general questions.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    I just heard back yesterday from Downing college and mine Is on the 8th... short notice aaah. Guess my weekend is full o revising the topics I put on the SAQ

Wait do you Caius people have 3 interviews?! I only have 2
    I have 3 too. at jesus college

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Caius on the 6th for Medicine with Dr James Fraser, `Dr Julian Sale and Dr Dunecan Massey. 3 subject interviews- no general ones. Anyone else got these people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Interview at Caius on the 6th for Medicine with Dr James Fraser, `Dr Julian Sale and Dr Dunecan Massey. 3 subject interviews- no general ones. Anyone else got these people?
    i've got 3 for Caius on the 6th but different people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannn)
    I have an interview at Emmanuel College (Medicine) on 7th!! Anyone else?
    Mine is on 5th also at Emma

ReputationRep:
    For those applying to Cauis ...what are you revising??? Just biology or chem and maths as well ?? do you think there will be a clinical interview??

ReputationRep:
    I'm just focusing on bio and chem, I doubt much if any maths will come up. I think there might be a clinical interview or one more generally about medicine even if my interviewers all are marked as 'subject interviews'. So I think it's worth going over basic questions like why mediicne etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just focusing on bio and chem, I doubt much if any maths will come up. I think there might be a clinical interview or one more generally about medicine even if my interviewers all are marked as 'subject interviews'. So I think it's worth going over basic questions like why mediicne etc.
    What do you mean by clinical?

ReputationRep:
    how much of the final decision depend on the interview??
    say if you messed up the interview but had gd grades and bmat would you still be considered??

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming the date you get for your interviews (early/late compared to other applicants for your college) has no importance at all?

I'm so worried about making an obvious mistake and being put off through the whole thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulee)
    What do you mean by clinical?
    Ye I just mean like more general ie the standard questions relating to why medicine and your personal attributes

ReputationRep:
    how much emphasis does the bmat have after interviews in making the decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandasandpens)
    say if you messed up the interview but had gd grades and bmat would you still be considered??
    There's no fixed formula. It depends on your choice of college, the group of people whom review your application and possibly, your performance. The last reason may seem a little strange, but I mean, if you over-awe them at interview, they may feel compelled to offer you a place; on the other hand, a visibly nervous interview may not count against you in the same weight.

I'm looking forward to mine. I think their advice online says it all, try to be yourself, because you may study there for the better part of a decade. So if you naturally seem to slip in to their ambiance, you will be chosen and should enjoy the course. If you don't and you feign enthusiasm and an inquiring nature, Cambridge is the least healthy place for you to be for 6 years.

Take it as it comes and let the process do its work.

G

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from St. John's?

ReputationRep:
    will they ask you questions like why medicine etc? I dont have any general interviews, they are all subject based and i dont really know what that means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwong99)
    will they ask you questions like why medicine etc? I dont have any general interviews, they are all subject based and i dont really know what that means
    I think in subject interviews the questions will be primarily science based although they may ask you questions like 'why medicine?' as icebreakers to put you more at ease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    I've got an interview with Dr Fraser on the 5th (I'm assuming that he'll be interviewing a lot of people since he's a DoS in Medicine?)
    I applied to Oxford but came to stalk this thread for some reason and I just have to say - I visited the Cambridge open day last summer and went to a talk by Dr Fraser and he was one of the nicest people I've ever met best of luck to all of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandasandpens)
    I've heard people having decent interviews getting rejected because 'BMAT wasn't good' or poor 'AS performance'. It's usually the overall picture as opposed to a particular part of your application. It all depends on your college choice in the end as they can differ quite greatly in how they view applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Any idea if they'll spring us with questions about the NHS during a subject interview? Tomorrow is so soon ;(
    From what I've heard, they don't really ask about the NHS. I think they are less concerned about our knowledge of clinical medicine and care more about scientific understanding at this stage. Is your interview tomorrow??!! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Any chance they'd ask a maths question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.