Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99-bdk23)
    Anyone staying in Caius accommodation tonight?
    No but will be there tomorrow during the day!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=iziziz;68900500]Anyone had their interview yet? How was it?

Had mine yesterday at emmanuel. It was pretty decent I guess but I don't know how the interviewers felt about it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Oh I thought it was just that you can't discuss questions? Like on the official thread they were discussing what kind of interviews they had (e.g. General/maths/science etc) but didn't talk about specifics.

Either way I've removed it just in case! Thanks Did you have an interview too?

I guess all I can say is that they were different for different people/colleges. I think they went ok, but I did enjoy myself
    No worries and yes I did. On Monday. I wish I didn't want it so much 2 of my interviews went terribly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    No worries and yes I did. On Monday. I wish I didn't want it so much 2 of my interviews went terribly.
    Actually, statistics tends to show that the worse you think you performed on the interview, the most likely you are to get an offer! So wish for the best, prepare for the worst anyway, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannn)
    Actually, statistics tends to show that the worse you think you performed on the interview, the most likely you are to get an offer!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had their Clare interviews yet? Mine were yesterday and I honestly don't know how they went because the more I think about it the more I think I sounded like an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    Had my interviews; everyone was so nice and it really calmed your nerves. The interviews themselvws didn't go that well I thought, said some really stupid things but ah well what's done is done
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do I take it everyone has had an interview now?

ReputationRep:
    Do I take it everyone has had an interview now?
    No, I know that Downing are definitely still interviewing for medicine on December 12th.

ReputationRep:
    Just had my interview on Wednesday. Thought it went pretty well actually It was a really enjoyable experience and even if I don't get in I'm happy I got the experience and learnt so much in the preceding weeks.

For those for haven't done it yet: remember to relax and stay calm. The more calm you are, the better you can think logically etc. Good luck too!!

ReputationRep:
    just had my interviews and its true what they say about oxbridge interviews, especially medicine, i nearly died on the inside in the middle of my interview. also not a single ethical question, its like they dont care about your motivation to study medicine, they only care about the actual academics

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview on monday and was just wondering whether the questions they ask are science qs based on what you've written in your PS, or just science Qs from whatever? Thank you!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Guys, quit asking for tips. Seriously. Just prepare like the rest of us had to because every college approaches questions differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown_12345)
    i have my interview on monday and was just wondering whether the questions they ask are science qs based on what you've written in your PS, or just science Qs from whatever? Thank you!
    Could be anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Could be anything.
    ah Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    just had my interviews and its true what they say about oxbridge interviews, especially medicine, i nearly died on the inside in the middle of my interview. also not a single ethical question, its like they dont care about your motivation to study medicine, they only care about the actual academics
    Hope it went well for you! What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, quit asking for tips. Seriously. Just prepare like the rest of us had to because every college approaches questions differently.
    I'm not asking for the questions they asked, and I'm prepping as hard as the next person. If you don't want to help then you don't need to

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had mine either but I would assume that it'll be a combination of all the things you mention, so best for us to prepare for any of those really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    I haven't had mine either but I would assume that it'll be a combination of all the things you mention, so best for us to prepare for any of those really!
    okay thanks!! when's yours? good luck you'll smash it!

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks!! when's yours? good luck you'll smash it!
    Thanks! Mine's on Monday too, what college are you being interviewed at?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.