The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unknown_12345
ah! sidney sussex wbu?

Selwyn!
I'm not asking for the questions they asked, and I'm prepping as hard as the next person. If you don't want to help then you don't need to :smile:

I know, still think it's an advantage to guide specifically what to prepare. If you do everything that you listed, then you'll be fine. If someone told you specially what to do (or what not to do in some cases) then it's an unfair advantage. Not up to me if anyone chooses to disclose that to you though, because I'm sure others do.
Original post by desertlover
Selwyn!

ah nice!! where else ahve you applied? have you heard back from them? it's all so nerve racking!!
Original post by CutieTootsie
I know, still think it's an advantage to guide specifically what to prepare. If you do everything that you listed, then you'll be fine. If someone told you specially what to do (or what not to do in some cases) then it's an unfair advantage. Not up to me if anyone chooses to disclose that to you though, because I'm sure others do.

again i'm not trying to 'be guided' on what to learn, I presumed it was pretty common knowledge as to whether the interviews would be standardised with the same questions, like MMIs, or whether they're specific to each candidate.
Guys, quit asking for tips. Seriously. Just prepare like the rest of us had to because every college approaches questions differently.

I completely understand what you're saying but I do think it's a little bit harsh. I'm sure everyone must have asked for tips at some point before their interview! I think as long as no specifics are mentioned general tips/reassurances like 'Stay calm' or 'Be confident' can do no harm.
I completely understand what you're saying but I do think it's a little bit harsh. I'm sure everyone must have asked for tips at some point before their interview! I think as long as no specifics are mentioned general tips/reassurances like 'Stay calm' or 'Be confident' can do no harm.

haha i know it's come across harshly, wasn't intended sorry. i had my interview on monday (one of the 1st i presume) and people keep messaging me for tips on what to prepare, what to look at, personal statement or not, etc. it's just getting so annoying to me now
Hope it went well for you! What college did you apply to?

robinson college, between the five people who interviewed me there must have been 21 degrees!
haha i know it's come across harshly, wasn't intended sorry. i had my interview on monday (one of the 1st i presume) and people keep messaging me for tips on what to prepare, what to look at, personal statement or not, etc. it's just getting so annoying to me now

Yeah I deffo see how that could be annoying, I guess perhaps just ignore as to not get yourself worked up! Plus AT's on here have posted loads of great tips and information for everyone to see.
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
robinson college, between the five people who interviewed me there must have been 21 degrees!

Woah 21 degrees! Thats not intimidating at all... Were they nice at least :smile:
Woah 21 degrees! Thats not intimidating at all... Were they nice at least :smile:

they were quite nice, its just that the content was desgined to be so difficult, i got many diagrams and had to draw 3 graphs, analyse statistical data and other stuff
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
they were quite nice, its just that the content was desgined to be so difficult, i got many diagrams and had to draw 3 graphs, analyse statistical data and other stuff

Sounds like it went well, well done! But just a warning, you should probably delete this post as it contains specifics about the interview! Just so you don't get into any trouble on TSR!
Sounds like it went well, well done! But just a warning, you should probably delete this post as it contains specifics about the interview! Just so you don't get into any trouble on TSR!

i didnt say anything specific about the content of the interview, just the style
People need to stop getting so triggered about others posting 'specifics' about their interviews. Sure, highlighting specific questions you got asked is bad, but merely stating you had science or maths questions in general isn't really revealing anything.
I disagree, revealing that an interview doesn't contain maths is unfair, because where that person has that knowldege to prepare, another doesn't.
I agree that trite encouragement is one, calming and two, unbiased. People on here however, are getting the two confused. Be careful not to bias the interviews, in any small degree, because that may be difference between you or somebody else getting that prized place at Cambridge, that should be decided on every, single equal term.

G
Okay guys let's all just chill out a bit, if we don't wanna reply to what someone's asked let's just leave it 😂 Good luck to everyone, both those who have had interviews and those who have them coming!
Okay guys let's all just chill out a bit, if we don't wanna reply to what someone's asked let's just leave it 😂 Good luck to everyone, both those who have had interviews and those who have them coming!

Agree 100%. Good Luck!
Agree 100%. Good Luck!

Thanks! And you!
Reply 577
So are all Cambridge medicine interviews over now? How did people's interviews go today?
Original post by G_8
So are all Cambridge medicine interviews over now? How did people's interviews go today?

I think there's still some tomorrow
Second interview killlled me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending