Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    does anyone know at what time on the 11th the letters should arrive, not exact but is it morning?
    I thought that letters are being sent on the 11th and arriving on the 12th?

ReputationRep:
    Is the 11th January when we're meant to hear? Or is that just an estimate based on previous years?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by conkerber)
    Is the 11th January when we're meant to hear? Or is that just an estimate based on previous years?
    No the 12th. We will definitely hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Is there actually any evidence for this... I see this said all the time...
    All the evidence almost definitely will be be anecdotal. I'm at Cambridge atm and I thoroughly enjoyed my interviews, but I know of plenty that got in and hated theirs. It depends on who the interviewer is, amongst other factors.
    The main point to take from this is that regardless of how you felt your interview went, you may still get an offer, and try not to infer anything from it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hear anything today regarding pooling re-interviews??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandasandpens)
    Anyone hear anything today regarding pooling re-interviews??
    No! Was today the day that was happening? As in if we were pooled we should know by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    No! Was today the day that was happening? As in if we were pooled we should know by now?
    People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those pooled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those polled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.
    Oh I see! Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So no one here then?
    My BMAT is too abysmal to get an offer. Why am I still hoping, it's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    So no one here then?
    My BMAT is too abysmal to get an offer. Why am I still hoping, it's ridiculous.
    How abysmal is too abysmal. One of my friends got in with 4s/5s and a solid interview
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by neveroddoreven)
    How abysmal is too abysmal. One of my friends got in with 4s/5s and a solid interview
    If I remember I got 3.3, 4.7, 3.5B LOL (so yes, abysmal)

I was supposed to get extra time, but I didn't and the GCSE maths students were so loud I couldn't concentrate. All this was passed onto Cambridge but I don't think it will make much difference loool

ReputationRep:
    If I remember I got 3.3, 4.7, 3.5B LOL (so yes, abysmal)

I was supposed to get extra time, but I didn't and the GCSE maths students were so loud I couldn't concentrate. All this was passed onto Cambridge but I don't think it will make much difference loool
    Hmmm. Yeah it is on the low side. You'll find out soon enough though. Best of luck
    PS How brutal was Hladky?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by neveroddoreven)
    Hmmm. Yeah it is on the low side. You'll find out soon enough though. Best of luck
    PS How brutal was Hladky?
    Hladky?

ReputationRep:
    Hladky?
    I seem to remember you writing you were interviewed at Jesus? The interviewer who is an old guy and probably asked you about some graphs. His interviews are thoroughly disliked by Jesus medvets
    http://www.jesus.cam.ac.uk/?fellow=hladky-stephen-b-phd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    People who are pooled and re-interviewed at another college are supposedly meant to know from today, although only a small fraction of those pooled actually have to have another interview and having an interview doesn't necessarily have a bearing on whether you will be succesfully fished from the pool.
    Hey, so if you were in the pool, but weren't going to be re-interviewed, would you find out? And if so, when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotsure)
    Hey, so if you were in the pool, but weren't going to be re-interviewed, would you find out? And if so, when?
    During the offer day, most likely. If your application was successful you'll get an offer from different college then the one you applied to; if it was unsuccessful though - they will probably inform you that your application has been put in the pool but colleges weren't interested. Good luck anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotsure)
    I think not being re-interviewed just means they have enough evidence already to accept/reject you and there's not enough ambiguity for them to 'double-check', in which case it'd be the normal date of 11/12th of Jan

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! Remember getting into Cambridge is not the be all and end all of life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    Good luck guys! Remember getting into Cambridge is not the be all and end all of life!
    Nobody thinks it is (I hope, at least). But that doesn't mean it can't still be devastating. I mean come on, it's life-changing. And for you to imply it's not, is condescending, when you sit there with your cosy place at whatever college.

Anyone that takes a rejection will of course be in pain. The remedy to that will come in various forms. For one, a contingency plan; another, consolation from a friend; for a third, time perhaps. But platitudes like yours, to me at least, come through impersonal, insincere and aggravating, and in no way help.

I appreciate that you mightn't have intended those effects, but they are the ones that I felt. Of course, I can't speak for everyone though.

G

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 24, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.