Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y.l1)
    Got an Open Offer! Does anyone else have this too?
    I also have an open offer! I hadn't heard of it until I got one though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMedic2017)
    I also have an open offer! I hadn't heard of it until I got one though!
    Congrats. HUGE congrats.

May I ask your stats, work experience and any tips you have to give to a prospective student.

Thank you and a huge CONGRATS again!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Definitely a university I (notice my opinion) could say lacks character. I visited, that was my thought.
    (So much for trying not to argue with me... #fail)
    I didn't want to argue, sorry you took it that way- was just pointing stuff out. We'll leave it though) Read your blog on here a while back- sounds like you've worked real hard. Have you heard back from Cambridge University yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lementation)
    If anything, that's actually wonderful mate!!!! You've got this year to work hard and get 2A*'s and an A, then you've literally got an unconditional offer and can spend one whole year working and getting huge amounts of money, go travelling, visit family, spend a year with mum and dad and live your life before going into the crazy study mayhem of Cambridge medicine! And you can even go help volunteer at like homeless shelters and make food for them and stuff tbh, your 2018 entry sounds wicked. Wish I had that! It might be worth emailing just to be 100% sure they meant 2018 cuz that sounds v v v unusual. Email politely just double checking.
    Very good points! Yeah I called up when I received the email and they said they tend to do it to a few people each year - normally medics because there are so many good applicants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I can do this)
    Well done man, just as expected! I got a rejection unfortunately, but everything will work itself out SO happy for you!!
    I got rejected from Clare too! Ah well at least I haven't had any other rejections yet lol

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys, just wondering if you know anything about the data that was collected by someone a while back on medicine applicants to Cambridge, their BMAT and how they felt their interview went etc. Can't remember who it was. Would be interesting to see the data collected. Does anyone know of where it can be found etc? jneill
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Elliottmanwaring)
    Heya guys, just wondering if you know anything about the data that was collected by someone a while back on medicine applicants to Cambridge, their BMAT and how they felt their interview went etc. Can't remember who it was. Would be interesting to see the data collected. Does anyone know of where it can be found etc? jneill
    Nope. Sorry. I wasn't aware of a separate survey just for medics/BMAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Nope. Sorry. I wasn't aware of a separate survey just for medics/BMAT.
    Aw fair enough, thank you anyhow. Got my offer from Peterhouse to do medicine. Just wondering if you would advise for me to have food in the college or self-cater and why from your son's experience etc.
    Many thanks,
    Elliott
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Aw fair enough, thank you anyhow. Got my offer from Peterhouse to do medicine. Just wondering if you would advise for me to have food in the college or self-cater and why from your son's experience etc.
    Many thanks,
    Elliott
    Colleges generally expect you not to self-cater. He usually doesn't and seems to be fine so far

ReputationRep:
    Hi )

Does anyone have any first- or secondhand experience with applying for either undergraduate or graduate Medicine at Cambridge after completing a Biomedical Sciences degree? I was wondering if such applicants have a greater or lower chance of getting an offer than applicants without a degree? Are the interviews more difficult for those who have completed a degree already? How about if such a student applies for both undergraduate and graduate Medicine, then would they have to attend interviews for both courses? How does applying for both look to admissions tutors and DoS's? Is it seen a bit more negatively like you're not committed to Medicine?

Thank you!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You folks might be interested in this FOI response regarding how much time Cambridge medical undergraduates spend on "placement" in each of the medical specialities as part of their clinical education.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0materials.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You folks might be interested in this FOI response regarding how much time Cambridge medical undergraduates spend on "placement" in each of the medical specialities as part of their clinical education.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0materials.pdf
    Who do you email about an FOI request, the college themselves? I've emailed for one and had no reply? Interesting FOI you've provided there, nice to see how things will work!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Who do you email about an FOI request, the college themselves? I've emailed for one and had no reply? Interesting FOI you've provided there, nice to see how things will work!
    The one I linked was via a site called whatdotheyknow - they make it easy to issue and track FOI requests. And also keeps the resulting data in the public domain - which is kind of the point

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just wanted to ask for help with the DBS check for undergraduates if possible
    I am not sure about how I should send the required documents and whether I send my original passport or a copy.
    Thank you for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Hey, I'm an applicant too so I'm just saying this on the basis of what I did.

I posted my required documents with the form itself. You have to send originals of all documents. I received my documents and a covering letter from my college via registered delivery 2 weeks after I had sent it off, so I'm assuming that I have done everything correctly. Hope this helps!
    Alright thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    My average UMS is only 90%, (only one subject had UMS) does this mean I should not even bother applying? I just don't want to give up on it as I got 10A*s and 3A's at GCSE, and 5As at AS and likely to be predicted 4 A*s...
    Man if you don't apply you are wasting a perfect opportunity there re people with lower results that get in

ReputationRep:
    If you are interested in Cambridge University/Medicine videos and vlogs in the Uk check out Asclepium-The Element of Medicine on YouTube

ReputationRep:
    Hi - is anyone able to discuss interview with me who has a Medicine Cambridge interview last year!?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.