Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    I would say that's Oxford. They've ranked number 1 in the world for medicine repeatedly in the last 6-7 years.
    Incorrect, Cambridge is top for medicine, oxford second, imperial 3rd. Which league table have you been looking at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Incorrect, Cambridge is top for medicine, oxford second, imperial 3rd. Which league table have you been looking at?
    I knew you were going to post this ranking table but I said in the world not the UK. The two go hand in hand obviously but different set of rankings...
    I am quoting Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
    Oxford has also quoted that they've been no.1 in the world for Medicine between 2011-2015. I believe they were also no.1 in 2016-2017

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say Cambridge is necessary *the* best as these positions constantly keep switching but it's tied with Oxford definitely in terms of what the course has to offer. However, I think what the *best* is will differ from person to person. Someone may think Imperial or UCL is the best place or Edinburgh so it's quite a subjective topic and ranks don't tend to be constant from one source to another.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    but I said in the world not the UK

but if it's top in the UK, would it not still be higher than oxford in the world league table?

(Original post by studentsixth)
    I think what the *best* is will differ from person to person.
    obvs you're right, but we were talking about the league tables, not everyone's subjective view. I personally love Bristol's medical school, but a lot would disagree.

ReputationRep:
    but if it's top in the UK, would it not still be higher than oxford in the world league table?
    Thats why i said the two go hand in hand, but since they're two different sets of rankings with possibly different scoring methods they are not going to be the same. I sort of trust the THE rankings more though

ReputationRep:

obvs you're right, but we were talking about the league tables, not everyone's subjective view. I personally love Bristol's medical school, but a lot would disagree.
    But league tables are never a good indicator of anything lol. Cambridge being number 1 on one table and 3 on another really doesn't say a lot about how it is as a medical school. At the end of the day every medical school has something different to offer and that's why employment-wise as long as you get an MBBS, it doesn't really matter what uni you went to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by neil20143)
    But league tables are never a good indicator of anything lol. Cambridge being number 1 on one table and 3 on another really doesn't say a lot about how it is as a medical school. At the end of the day every medical school has something different to offer and that's why employment-wise as long as you get an MBBS, it doesn't really matter what uni you went to.
    *sigh* I know. Sensible people know this. I was responding to a post about league tables. I wish everyone would read previous posts before saying anything because I keep repeating myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lementation)
    beef
    On a Cambridge medicine thread of all places

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how are you preparing for the interview? I have no support from anyone so I'm kind of on my own with my preparation here, even though nothing came back from them yet i thought i'd practice just for the other med unis if not cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone when King's College give out interview invitations/ rejections? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainManMorrison)
    Does anyone when King's College give out interview invitations/ rejections? Thanks.
    My mate got a Kings Interview earlier today at 10ish
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sulee)
    My mate got a Kings Interview earlier today at 10ish
    Is this for GEM? Or a school leaver?

ReputationRep:
    Is this for GEM? Or a school leaver?
    He's in my year, so he's 17 turning 18
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sulee)
    He's in my year, so he's 17 turning 18
    My gosh, his stats must be amazing - they haven't received our BMAT scores yet.

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind, ive just realised how retarded i am.
    Kings College isnt the Kings College London which i though he would be referring to on the Cambridge thread. oopsy

ReputationRep:
    do you know when they get the results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    22nd/23rd
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jjcoolio)
    I heard the 23rd?

ReputationRep:
    I heard the 23rd?
    oh fab thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpookyCake)
    Hey guys how are you preparing for the interview? I have no support from anyone so I'm kind of on my own with my preparation here, even though nothing came back from them yet i thought i'd practice just for the other med unis if not cambridge.

Im going to a course on medicine interviews next weekend..i can send you the details if interested. they do oxbridge focus too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.