Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have a presentation to do soon on what I am passionate about for a medium sized accountancy firm and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what exactly a firm would be looking for from this type of question?

I have an idea to write it on being passionate about being confident and enabling others to feel confident... But I don't even know if that's relevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they would expect to hear something more 'real' rather than general concepts. You might want to speak about the topic of your dissertation or something that has to do with it (especially if you are studying for a relevant degree).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    I reckon they would expect to hear something more 'real' rather than general concepts. You might want to speak about the topic of your dissertation or something that has to do with it (especially if you are studying for a relevant degree).
    Accountancy students don't do dissertations and this is something I work hard on and I'm passionate about. They said to stand out so I thought my passion for it could really come through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Accountancy students don't do dissertations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? I didn't know that. Well, if you feel that you will convey your enthusiasm if you speak about that topic then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, when companies give you the freedom of choice in presentations like that they mean it, so whatever suits you best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    Really? I didn't know that. Well, if you feel that you will convey your enthusiasm if you speak about that topic then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, when companies give you the freedom of choice in presentations like that they mean it, so whatever suits you best.
    Ow ok thanks for your insight!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.