The Student Room Group

Am I too old to go back and do my A levels?

Hey so I did my AS levels and then dropped out of lower 6th as I wasn't happy not ready at the time. I worked full time for 2 years but now I know what I want to do. I want to apply to do my A levels again at a local college but I'm worried that me being 19 I will be too old and out of place as the age you normally start them is 16?
Reply 1
Original post by blondeicetea
Hey so I did my AS levels and then dropped out of lower 6th as I wasn't happy not ready at the time. I worked full time for 2 years but now I know what I want to do. I want to apply to do my A levels again at a local college but I'm worried that me being 19 I will be too old and out of place as the age you normally start them is 16?

No you're not too old to do A-levels. A lot of people past the age of 20 start their A-levels, and don't let it bother you.
Reply 2
It's never too old and too late
Hey,

No!!! Your not old. Apply and see how it goes.
There's sitting them privately or intensive alevels or if you just want to sit them normally

Good luck
Reply 4
Do it!

If you're uncomfortable doing it at your local college, take them as night classes, or at another institution perhaps? Lots of people do that now so you won't be alone in certain places.
It is better improve your A levels now and improve your chances of getting onto a good course at a good University. You won't get as much of an opportunity when you're older.
Reply 6
nooo! i know people in their 30s who are doing alevels, im 19 and still doing them! goo for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest