Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about best friend is changing her body image to make me attracted to her Watch

I've been best friends with a girl for 3 years whilst at uni where I met her, she is a attractive girl but I didn't find myself being sexually attracted to her. I'm into curvy women with meat on them, I just find that kind of woman attractive. I have always been there for her as she has had bad luck with men screwing her over, I think because I never wanted to have sex with and generally just chat her like any male friend. She respects me for that, I sense even though I don't tell her she gets me enough to know I understand.

She's quite a slim girl when I met her, now I noticed she's put on a lot of weight, her thighs, bum have widened, I amuse she doing squat excercises. She only ever asks my opinion, never see her ask anyone else so I think she's doing it just to attract me, I admit do find her more attractive but I don't want her to change or feel insecure. I told her not to worry about her image, she looks good either way but seems she's not listening. I don't her to think I dislike it's just a very good friendship, I told her come to me anytime she has a problem, she's a great mate. It's just a very awkward situation I don't know how to get through to her without hurting her feelings.

ReputationRep:
    lol get over yourself, she's probably not even attracted to you. You must be a very special snowflake to assume she would be putting on weight and changing her entire body just for you when you're just someone she's seen as a friend for 3 years.

She's just asking your opinion because you're her 'friend', and you're most likely not the only friend she has, stop deluding yourself. You're the only one being awkward by making absurd assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably just getting fat. She evidently cares less about getting your D than she does about getting that Triple-Layer Chocolate Cake.

(Original post by insert-username)
    lol get over yourself, she's probably not even attracted to you. You must be a very special snowflake to assume she would be putting on weight and changing her entire body just for you when you're just someone she's seen as a friend for 3 years.

She's just asking your opinion because you're her 'friend', and you're most likely not the only friend she has, stop deluding yourself. You're the only one being awkward by making absurd assumptions.
    She asked me when she was slim but I turned her down p, at uni there is plenty of other girls and guys for us to see so kept as a friendship, like I said I never tried it on with her even though I know she wanted to so I think she still has the same attraction to me, where as I'm still seeing as a friendship. It's only recently since uni has finished has she trying to get my attention, she keeps getting me to check her out more than before. It's just I told her what I'm attracted to and she wants to be like that, if I mention I like girls with big bums she will bring up hers saying in was bigger, little hints.

ReputationRep:
    Just keep saying how she is a great friend you see her as a kid sister blah blah im sure she will take the hint eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt she is gaining weight for you

more likely she's just gained some weight and is doing squats to improve her figure, she likes it when you say big bums are nice etc as it makes her feel less insecure about her weight gain

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.