Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had strong feelings for a girl for a while. I haven't seen her for a few months but they haven't gone away. Occasionally I see her from a distance, but I understand I have to get closer to her to ask her out.

However, I see that she has a few sides to her personality. She's beautiful and highly intelligent. Around friends however she seems to be quite arrogant and attention seeking and over the top flirty and that. Most of her friends are guys. When I spent time speaking to her alone in school though which wasn't that often, we did some light flirting, but she was really chill, she didn't have a massive ego and we laughed a bit. She seemed sweet and that drew me to her then she'd go over to her friends and be this different person again.

I don't really know what to do. I really like her, not seeing her for ages hasn't changed that but the layers of her personality are confusing me. I would love nothing more than to be with her but there's something about how she acts around friends that doesn't click. Is that the more honest her? Someone with experience please help me out, sorry for the length

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to get to know her more first.

In my experience, people can be different when they are in friendship groups, BUT, if she is very flirty, could you cope with that? It's not something that goes easy if it's just her being her and it sounds like she's with it with quite a few people.

I couldn't be with someone who has such a split personality to be honest. If she's like that around her friends then how would she be around you and her friends, or how would she be around her friends behind your back.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the flirting cause it's a laugh but you make a good point about behind my back with her friends. I don't like her friends and I can guarantee that they'd say things behind my back too and try to influence her. It would shock them if we did get together and I reckon they could influence her definitely. I reckon next time I see her I'll just ask her out for a drink. There's no harm in seeing if there's anything there I suppose.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.