Turn on thread page Beta

Should I sleep with my hair wet? watch

ReputationRep:
    As title says I'm currently debating wether I should sleep with my hair wet... I've never done it before so don't know the pros and cons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pros: hair is wet Cons: Dry's when you sleep.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Incredibly uncomfortable and will make your pillows and stuff damp which could mean you'll have to change them :yep: — I'd say it's a no-go imo

ReputationRep:
    I do it when it's not fully wet and a little dry to save time before school and to save my hair from heat (I used to dye it a lot, but I have naturally very straight hair so it didn't bother me, and I tend to do things late at night) and it hasn't made me ill or anything, just prepare to wake up with bushier hair. I also plaited it to make it wavy for the morning

ReputationRep:
    Just uncomfortable I guess.

The whole 'catch a cold' thing is a bit of a myth I think.

Do it. Live dangerously.

ReputationRep:
    I wrap my hair in a towel and sleep with it wet. I don't get my pillows wet and it's not uncomfortable. I just cba drying it before I go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Well you will end up with a wet pillow, and you may be a little colder and more uncomfortable, but hey, why not step over to the wild side for a change?

There's an old myth that wet hair leads to colds but it doesn't, so there aren't really any genuine cons, or pros to sleeping with wet hair!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I did it many times in secondary school never did me any harm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    As title says I'm currently debating wether I should sleep with my hair wet... I've never done it before so don't know the pros and cons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do all the time and I'm frequently told by people (including hairdressers) that my hair is super healthy because of it! It might be a little uncomfortable but I usually put it in a really high pony tail and then its fine! It also gets quite a nice wave by the morning too!

ReputationRep:
    I do, and it goes really wavy in the morning, which I like but it goes bit flat as well....

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm now sporting a bun and preparing my overnight experiment lol I like to be cold when I sleep anyways but tonight I shall close the window.

ReputationRep:

Not a good idea?

Wanna get sick?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm now sporting a bun and preparing my overnight experiment lol I like to be cold when I sleep anyways but tonight I shall close the window.
    You do accounting?! Wait don't go to bed!

I have a question!! What is discounting compared to compounding?!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gryffindorian)

Not a good idea?

Wanna get sick?
    Sleeping with wet hair doesn't make you sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Sleeping with wet hair doesn't make you sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't it? It's...wet.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it? It's...wet.
    You tie it up and put a towel on your pillow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You do accounting?! Wait don't go to bed!

I have a question!! What is discounting compared to compounding?!!!!!
    Compounding is when you find the Future value of money and discounting is when you find the value of future money in the present I think.
    What a weird question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Compounding is when you find the Future value of money and discounting is when you find the value of future money in the present I think.
    What a weird question lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are my angel. I currently have a project to do and I need to explain it!!

The value of future money? A real world example please?

ReputationRep:

Such as in the year 2018 you have £100 how much does that actually mean in terms on the present value as money X time = change in value.
    As such you would say the current rate is 10% and the equation would be £100x(1+10%^-years)= £83 which is what £100 in the future is worth in terms of the value of money today and then compounding is just the opposite so the equation would be £100x(1+10%^years) = £121
    Or something like that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It's basically used to decide wether you should invest money or spend it now depending on interest rates and market rates.
    I hope I didn't confuse you lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.