Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a dual citizen British and Canadian. I was born in the U.k. but have grown up mostly in Canada. I have been accepted to three excellent Universities for a masters degree and have one pending application at another. Unfortunately despite my citizenship I am considered an international student because I have been out of the country for so long. The problem is I can't find international funding because I am a U.K. citizen. I've looked at dozens and dozens of scholarships and bursaries and found that some combination of my residence and citizenship status makes me ineligible and I am in a position where I can only cover two thirds of my tuition by myself.

    Are there any scholarships out there that would apply to me? Loan programs? If it makes any difference I do intend to work and live in the U.k. once I am done my degree.
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Almost certainly not. Ask the university/department you've applied to, or learned societies related to your subject, but don't count on finding anything. Would you consider studying in Europe? You would be entitled to EU fees there; most countries there have no residency requirement like the UK does.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.