Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm kind of new to this and this is my first time asking a question so bear with me for a sec. I've been in love with both biology and computer science for a while now, and while many people are telling me to move on to uni by only choosing one, I feel like I should study both with a combined course.
    I forgot to mention, currently I'l doing my AS exams this June, so I'll be applying for Universities and courses next year so I still Have a bit of time.

Anyone know any good courses that have both Comp Sci and Biology? >.<

Thanks

(Original post by 11robot)
    Hey guys, I'm kind of new to this and this is my first time asking a question so bear with me for a sec. I've been in love with both biology and computer science for a while now, and while many people are telling me to move on to uni by only choosing one, I feel like I should study both with a combined course.
    I forgot to mention, currently I'l doing my AS exams this June, so I'll be applying for Universities and courses next year so I still Have a bit of time.

Thanks
    Hello, yes you are completely right, if you enjoy both you should try and find a degree which covers both. I would recommend having a look at different universities for Computational Biology which I think you may enjoy. It may be considered as a bioinformatics degree at other uni's. Hope this helps, if you need anymore help just quote us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 11robot)

Thanks
    You could apply for something like this?

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/fch/subjects-available.php

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle University hold an option for Computational Biology under the title Bio-computing. Personally, I am also thinking of this route, as we share similar interests

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for bachelors degrees but I do know that you can pursue a masters in Bioinformatics which is a medical application of Computer Science. I believe the University of Manchester offers this course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the reply's guys, it's helped a lot, at least it's broadened my horizons.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.