Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to change course? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently studying a duel honours course in first year and I don't like one of my subjects. I want to change to film instead.

I don't particularity get on with my personal tutor for the subject I want to change to film for. (that's not the reason I want to change subject)

I was planning on emailing someone this week about changing for second year but I have no clue who to email and what to say in it? Would it have to be my personal tutor? and also what would I say in the email?

If anyone's changed course or has any advice on how I would approach changing that would be great
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've seen people switch from dual honours to single honours before, but I think it wouldn't be possible to switch from dual honours X and Y to dual honours X and Z as you wouldn't have the prerequisite knowledge for the second subject.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ellai17)
    So I'm currently studying a duel honours course in first year and I don't like one of my subjects. I want to change to film instead.

I don't particularity get on with my personal tutor for the subject I want to change to film for. (that's not the reason I want to change subject)

I was planning on emailing someone this week about changing for second year but I have no clue who to email and what to say in it? Would it have to be my personal tutor? and also what would I say in the email?

If anyone's changed course or has any advice on how I would approach changing that would be great
    This depends on your university so noone can advise you on TSR.

Have a look at your course handbook and your university intranet. There should be information about the regulations and process for changing course. If you're stuck and don't like your tutor then approach the admin people in your registry or school/subject/department office - they'll be able to point you at the rules and who you need to speak to.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.