Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently applying for student finance for my second degree in Radiography, and I have been told that the maximum loan I can apply for is £1,744. Is this correct, as I was told from different universities that I would be able to apply for a maximum loan, not a reduced loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostox)
    Hi,

I'm currently applying for student finance for my second degree in Radiography, and I have been told that the maximum loan I can apply for is £1,744. Is this correct, as I was told from different universities that I would be able to apply for a maximum loan, not a reduced loan?
    I think if you live at home its £1,744 and the maximum is around £2200? (not sure) if you live in halls or private accommodation. You won't get much maintenance loan as your course is paid for by DOH and you will have the NHS bursary.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an undergraduate which is going to take diagnostic radiography in uni, applying for student finance soon and I was just wondering do I apply for student finance and take a tutution fee loan, because there was part of the application which asked whether I am going to take one or not, but radiography is funded by the NHS so I'm totally confused, can someone help?!??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leilahannoun1)
    I'm an undergraduate which is going to take diagnostic radiography in uni, applying for student finance soon and I was just wondering do I apply for student finance and take a tutution fee loan, because there was part of the application which asked whether I am going to take one or not, but radiography is funded by the NHS so I'm totally confused, can someone help?!??!
    On your student finance application you should tick that you are having your tuition fees paid by a bursary (this is only if you are eligible for one though, NHS bursary have a website that tells you if you are).
    Hope that makes sense?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.