Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone who applied for the research assistant position at the Law Commission has heard back from them about whether they got to the interview stage. The website says that they were due to send out invitations and rejections between the 22nd and 26th of February, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone else waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I have. Applied for the criminal team and the statute repeals team. I emailed them on monday and they said they are 'running a little bit late this year'. They said I'd hear by the end of the week, by email, but I've still not heard. Have you heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, still haven't heard. I guess that if they said you should hear by the end of this week, then hopefully they will get in touch next week. Good to know I'm not the only one though!

ReputationRep:
    My friend has heard back today from the trusts team with an invitation to interview. Which teams have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Public law and criminal

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have applied for the criminal and public law teams and received an invitation to interview for the criminal team on Tuesday. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!

Does anyone know what the "test" consist in? I would like to have at least a vague idea of what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!

I still haven't heard, has everyone else?

I'm pretty sure it's going to be a no, given that people have already had invitations to interview

ReputationRep:
    I've still not heard either! Which teams have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahbeth93)
    I've still not heard either! Which teams have you applied for?

Criminal and Public

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the criminal and trusts law teams and have also heard nothing, but I called up in Friday and they mentioned that they were running late.

Call me a pessimist, but I imagine that they inform those who have secured a place at interview first, before letting the rest know, so I'm not holding out much hope ... Unless they use some sort of staggered system and let people know in 'batches' whether or not they secure interview.

In any event, well done to those of you who secured an interview!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them yesterday. They havent managed to send out the responses yet. Said we should hear by the end of this week

ReputationRep:
    I heard back with a job offer today - commercial team. Anyone else in CoCo?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask how you heard, phone call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swalk)
    Can I ask how you heard, phone call?
    Sure, the lawyer in the team phoned me and left a voicemail. Then followed up with an email.

Best of luck, did you also apply to CoCo?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, and no I interviewed for the criminal team.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the public law team.

I contacted LawCom today and asked if I can know my outcome over the phone. They said a few things:

i)They will not be sending any letters like they had said, they will be sending emails instead
    ii)That I will find out next week
    iii)That they haven't made any decisions yet.

Do you think that's only for the public law team, or is that just a pity excuse instead of telling me that I have been rejected over the phone? Anyone applied for the public law team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crimezonepeace22)
    I applied for the public law team.

I contacted LawCom today and asked if I can know my outcome over the phone. They said a few things:

i)They will not be sending any letters like they had said, they will be sending emails instead
    ii)That I will find out next week
    iii)That they haven't made any decisions yet.

Do you think that's only for the public law team, or is that just a pity excuse instead of telling me that I have been rejected over the phone? Anyone applied for the public law team?
    I imagine each team operates slightly differently. Although, the commercial team thought I had already been contacted by 'Corporate Services' and apologised for the delay (my interview was on 23 March).

Make sure you contact the Law Com recruitment and not the central civil service recruitment, as they simply won't know. I found the best person to contact for any queries was the person who sent my invitation to interview letter.

Hope this helps, best of luck - let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed the criminal team who said they've not heard back from the lawyers yet and that we should hear by the end of next week by email for anyone who's wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Hi - has anyone heard anything from the trusts interviews yet? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Called them today. Decisions have been made and it's being sent to 'liaison services' who presses the last send button on the emails (how Kafkaesque, honestly). We hear back mid next week.

I asked for my outcome on the phone. I am on the reserve list, though they wouldn't tell me what number. I guess that's a rejection - who'd turn down the offer?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.