Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the medic/dental students only accommodation (Floyer House, Whitechapel/ Dawson Hall, Charterhouse Square), how much difference does it make which one you end up in? Obviously the people will be different, but is there a better or worse one in terms of location or quality etc?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Each accommodation has its benefits and the best way to find out about all of the accommodation is on the website: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/col...accommodation/

However, I can give you a bit of advice that may not be on the pages. As a first year, the majority of your teaching will be in Whitechapel and therefore, Floyer will be more convenient. If you'd like to roll out of bed straight into lectures, Floyer is great for that. Floyer is also closer to Mile End Campus, the student union and amenities such as a large supermarket.

The main advantage of Dawson Hall is it's Central London location. It is a great opportunity to live in such an iconic location. It is about a 40 minute walk to the Whitechapel Campus or a 25 minute cycle or 30 minute tube journey. Most people are not bothered by the short journey. There is also West Smithfield library just around the corner and some teaching will be near Charterhouse.

There is no real difference in quality between the two halls of residence although I understand Dawson have just had some new kitchens fitted. There are also similar numbers of students at both halls of residence.

I hope this helps.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.