Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I am applying for PGCE at Bath Spa 2016/17. I have my conditional offer, have passed both skills tests and now I just need to get the grades.
    I am applying for student finance and I am really annoyed. I have very strained relationships with both my parents, they try to mess me up every time i try and do something. I wanted to go for the estranged from parents option but have no way of proving this. Now i have just seen that i'll most likely get just under £4000! That is meant to last the whole year!!! How do they expect you to last on that? They recommend you dont have another job whilst on the course yet seem to make it impossible not to have another job!?!? I have done the finances and i'll have £75 a month to pay rent, and no money for supplies or for myself... Anyone else in this sort of pickle??? I have been at OU for 2 years so had no maintenance loan but was able to have a job too.
    I tried on the calculator to put in my boyfriend's income but i'd receive the same amount as he earns good money

Really Stressing out now!!!

ReputationRep:
    What subject are you doing your PGCE? A lot of them come with tax free bursaries and some are very good so that's worth looking into - all the info is on the Get Into Teaching website.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am just doing the primary PGCE so would have to get a 2;1 for any kind of bursary and as im going through OU to get my current degree, its very difficult to get higher grades.

Guess ill just have to wait and see how it goes !

(Original post by Aemiliana)
    What subject are you doing your PGCE? A lot of them come with tax free bursaries and some are very good so that's worth looking into - all the info is on the Get Into Teaching website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilina29)
    Hi All

I am applying for PGCE at Bath Spa 2016/17. I have my conditional offer, have passed both skills tests and now I just need to get the grades.
    I am applying for student finance and I am really annoyed. I have very strained relationships with both my parents, they try to mess me up every time i try and do something. I wanted to go for the estranged from parents option but have no way of proving this. Now i have just seen that i'll most likely get just under £4000! That is meant to last the whole year!!! How do they expect you to last on that? They recommend you dont have another job whilst on the course yet seem to make it impossible not to have another job!?!? I have done the finances and i'll have £75 a month to pay rent, and no money for supplies or for myself... Anyone else in this sort of pickle??? I have been at OU for 2 years so had no maintenance loan but was able to have a job too.
    I tried on the calculator to put in my boyfriend's income but i'd receive the same amount as he earns good money

Really Stressing out now!!!
    If you will be 25 or over or have been working for the last 3 years earning roughly £7500 or more then you can class as independent. Otherwise your best option would be defer for a year to work and save up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.