Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Insight days = CV + Cover Letter/application questions (RBS has tests though)

PwC/HSBC weeks are the above + interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I'm just wondering if there's any interview (incl phone interview) for jpm and ms insight days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by cracker96)
    Hi, I'm just wondering if there's any interview (incl phone interview) for jpm and ms insight days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    none

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I found it helpful with the mock assessment centres cus I haven't found somewhere else to do that. thought it was worth it- Up to you if you want to pay for it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axlerod)
    I'll be starting college in September, besides this what other insight days are there available for students in year 12? Preferably ones you don't have to pay for 😁
    Are you a girl? Because I went to a work experience at Morgan Stanley for female sixth form students in February. also there are loads of things here http://www.studentladder.co.uk/work/banking.html and here http://www.londonacademy.org.uk/forc...oad.cfm?id=281

Also I am doing a paid internship at an accounting firm in the summer holidays. It's not banking but I applied for the financial services division so my clients will be investment banks, insurance firms, hedge funds etc which I'm excited about! There are lots of opportunities for work exp in accounting/business/professional services which could be useful and u can find them on the same websites as above.

I am year 12 in college btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Are you a girl? Because I went to a work experience at Morgan Stanley for female sixth form students in February. also there are loads of things here http://www.studentladder.co.uk/work/banking.html and here http://www.londonacademy.org.uk/forc...oad.cfm?id=281

Also I am doing a paid internship at an accounting firm in the summer holidays. It's not banking but I applied for the financial services division so my clients will be investment banks, insurance firms, hedge funds etc which I'm excited about! There are lots of opportunities for work exp in accounting/business/professional services which could be useful and u can find them on the same websites as above.

I am year 12 in college btw.
    Hi. How did you get the paid internship in accounting? I'm in year 12 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Hi. How did you get the paid internship in accounting? I'm in year 12 too
    BDO - they do it as a programme every year. applications r still open here. financial services division is gone but tax and audit is still there.
    they even usually offer you a job at the end of it which will start after y13. idk if i will take the job though bc i want to go uni but I'm really excited for the internship.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    BDO - they do it as a programme every year. applications r still open here. financial services division is gone but tax and audit is still there.
    they even usually offer you a job at the end of it which will start after y13. idk if i will take the job though bc i want to go uni but I'm really excited for the internship.
    Definitely go to uni if you want to go into finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Definitely go to uni if you want to go into finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for accounting you don't have to go to uni but i don't know if that is specifically what i want to do. i know that for banking you HAVE to go to uni and there r other areas I'm interested which require university like actuarial and quantitative finance. I'm gonna go to university so i can keep my options open as i don't want to be stuck in accounting for the rest of my life. but its gonna be hard passing up a job in central london where i would be making money to instead go get myself into £50k of student debt.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    for accounting you don't have to go to uni but i don't know if that is specifically what i want to do. i know that for banking you HAVE to go to uni and there r other areas I'm interested which require university like actuarial and quantitative finance. I'm gonna go to university so i can keep my options open as i don't want to be stuck in accounting for the rest of my life. but its gonna be hard passing up a job in central london where i would be making money to instead go get myself into £50k of student debt.
    It's not even debt.. If you make the right choices and focus on the right areas whilst at uni, you'll see a very significant ROI on that degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.