The Student Room Group

Why don't families house share mansions?

I was watching this video of some youtubers who got to stay in a mansion and it was crazy, like every room had a massive ensuite, every two bedrooms had their own living room. 19 bathrooms in total, just crazy,

Like a house like that is really only for the super-rich, why can't like 4 families or moderately wealthy people just share this one house? Does this ever happen?
I would do it with my wider family if I didn't hate most of them, but with strangers, gtfo m8

There could also be legal disputes if one party wants to sell their share and can't find a buyer.
It's called flats when people share mansions.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
I would do it with my wider family if I didn't hate most of them, but with strangers, gtfo m8

There could also be legal disputes if one party wants to sell their share and can't find a buyer.

No legal disputes but is a classical Land Law question which all law students will recognise! Difference between ownership in law and equity if relevant plus the difference between tenancy in common and joint tenancy :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by mscaffrey
It's called flats when people share mansions.

But a flat doesn't really look like a nice mansion, like most apartment buildings don't have the same look as a mansion. Most flats don't really have their own outdoor pools and such.
Original post by Dinasaurus
But a flat doesn't really look like a nice mansion, like most apartment buildings don't have the same look as a mansion. Most flats don't really have their own outdoor pools and such.

How many UK homes actually have an outdoor pool though? For that matter, what sort of madman would want a [non heated] outdoor pool here?

Quick Reply

Latest