Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there !

I just got two unconditional offers to do a PGDE Secondary course in Modern Foreign Languages from the University of Strathclyde and the University of Glasgow ! I am really happy and would like to make the best choice :-)

Do you know which University is better for Education Studies ?
    Or Which University would be more appreciated by High Schools once I will be able to apply for a teaching position ?

Thank you very much for your advices !

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm in the same position as I also received two unconditional offers to join the PGDE Secondary Physics course at Glasgow and Strathclyde. I was equally impressed with both when I done my interviews; the staff seemed pleasant, the people on the course were all really nice as well.

I remember though when I went for my Glasgow interview that they mentioned that their PGDE course was unique in that it was actually a 'Postgraduate' course at Masters level and not a 'Professional' Graduate Diploma of Education as with Starthclyde and the other Scottish universities that run the PGDE courses. This meant that because the course was at that level then you would only need to gain another 30 credits to achieve a full Masters degree qualification. In terms of job prospects, it is effectively the same qualification and will obviously entitle you to apply for the same jobs but for me anyway, the Glasgow course seems like the better choice for the fact it is considered (or labelled as) a Postgraduate qualification.

Hope that helps. Happy choosing! ; )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.